Enhancement - Emblems More Visible in Profiles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Now, although I love the most recent layout Gamespot has done with Wide. One thing that bothered me is how emblems have lost so much of their visibility and thus, their importance. They have been shoved off to the side, with only 8 being visible (one of those is just your account type).

Emblems are like medals, they should be out and on display. You shouldn't have to open another window just to get the emblem descriptions and to see all of someone's emblems.

They were never in the way of other things and in the current design there is far more unused space on the left-hand side of your profile than the right-hand side. Plenty of room to allow all of your emblems to be shown.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
When it was the old way, people complained about pages just being full of emblems. :(
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I can understand that, you can't please everyone all the time.

Perhaps a poll to determine what option would be more popular among the members of gamespot?

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
It would be nice if they let up pick which 8 show up as well as if we only see two rows of emblems or if we see all of the users Emblems
I-am-the-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 I-am-the-Panda
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
The only reaso nthe membership emblem is there is to distinguish mods, employee's, subscribers and normal user.