This topic is locked from further discussion.

reprogramming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 reprogramming
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hello everybody,

First of all I want to say that I love this site. Recently I detected a few unusual cookies in my computer after visiting gamespot. One of them was named doubleclick. This cookie is very similar to spyware. I know that so far this technology is legal but it is very disturbing to be spied. Does anybodie notice this? I hope I am wrong, as I said I like gamespot very much :)

r

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Why are you assuming it came from this site specifically?
reprogramming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 reprogramming

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. You are rigth, I am not sure about this. The other two posibilities is sony.aol o google (I erased all my cookies and  cleaned my registry before). Google is the owner of doubleclick company but I find hard to believe that they included this cookie. I would like to know if you guys notice this or not. If doubleclick is just in my computer then it is not coming for gamespot. I would like to track the source of this nasty cookie :D

Thank you

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
Seeing as I have never had doubleclick  in my cookies, I doubt it has anything to do with GS. Just clean everything on a regular basis and you will be fine.
reprogramming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reprogramming

Thanks guys. This is good news! I feel much better now that I know that gamespot is "doubleclick free" :)

r