Do you want the "last read post" button to return?

Posted by DigitalDame (3884 posts) 2 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Do you want the "last read post" button to return? (52 votes)

Yes 92%
No 4%
What the heck did that do? 4%

This was mentioned by another user in a different bug so I'm reposting here to see how you all fee about this idea.

@harry_james_pot: Personally there are 2 main things that kind of discourages me from posting more. First, there's no way to keep track of what threads we posted in, we really need that icon back. And second, the "last read post" button should come back as well, it makes things much easier here.

#1 Edited by BranKetra (48122 posts) -

That would be fantastic.

#2 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

Of course I do. Been missing both of those features Roonil Wazlib mentioned.

#3 Edited by RobotOpBuddy (65009 posts) -

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the vote isn't overwhelming 'yes', this has been asked for on multiple occasions already and I reckon most forum users want it back.

#4 Posted by dab198 (3893 posts) -

Some of us were saying it was a mistake to not have that feature, well over a year ago :P

#5 Posted by Behardy24 (3059 posts) -

sure.

#6 Posted by Master_Live (14175 posts) -

Yes.

#7 Posted by deeliman (2389 posts) -

YES YES YES 1000 TIMES YES

#8 Edited by Blabadon (25934 posts) -

This is a basic forum feature, not a question. Any forum is practically broken without it, and I mean in every practical sense.

So many users I know have left because of the lack of this.

#9 Edited by MirkoS77 (7164 posts) -

Of course. The webmaster has told me numerous times that this is in the works. That was months and months ago. Please re-implement this feature!

#10 Posted by harry_james_pot (10556 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Of course. The webmaster has told me numerous times that this is in the works. That was months and months ago. I highly, highly doubt it'll be returning. Giantbomb (which using the same design) hasn't had it, and you can rest assured GS is not going to bother either. If they haven't implemented such a no-brainer feature for a forum by now, they're not going to.

Actually when I asked about this last year, the answer was something along the lines of "It's not as easy to implement as it seems, and there are bigger bugs and issues to deal with". It's almost a year later now, so I don't see why it can't be added.

And just because GS is using the same engine as Giantbomb doesn't mean they can't have different features..

#11 Posted by blackace (20286 posts) -

Yes, yes, yes....

You can see all your forum posts. Just go to your profile at the top right of the screen. Put your cursor over your avatar and a pop_up window will appear. Click on FORUMS and you'll see all your forums post on all the threads. I believe it's from the most recent back.

#12 Posted by Scalper (437 posts) -

yes it would make coming to the forums and following topics much more usable.

#13 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Does a bear poop in the woods?

#14 Edited by Sword-Demon (6963 posts) -

Do you really have to ask?

#15 Posted by Master_Live (14175 posts) -

Is this just a smokescreen or are we actually going to see some action?

#16 Posted by The-Apostle (12170 posts) -

Is this just a smokescreen or are we actually going to see some action?

They've been quiet on this topic and the missing reviews one for awhile.

#17 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

That would be nice.

#18 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

Yes. It would help this site very much so.

#20 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25594 posts) -

Why the bejesus don't we have this already and yes, we all want it.

#21 Edited by anarayan (322 posts) -

Just throwing something out there, but instead of a "Last Read Post" button, can we get a "First Unread Post" button? I think that would be better.

#22 Posted by konvikt_17 (22168 posts) -

Weve been asking for this feature since the fucking site launch.

#23 Posted by Blabadon (25934 posts) -

Hooray for efficiency! Only 22 days Synthia and Lark! Keep up the excellent communication.

#24 Edited by Brutal_Elitegs (16175 posts) -

#25 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

gamespot is the only forum i've ever seen without that feature. it's baffling that it hasn't been brought back yet, so yes.