Constantly getting censored, no curse words

This topic is locked from further discussion.

njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
I'm constantly getting the "one or more of your words were automatically censored" when I go to post, when I am not using any foul language. When I try to repost the same post it keeps giving me the same prompt until I just go click happy on the Submit button until it works. Please fix.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I'm constantly getting the "one or more of your words were automatically censored" when I go to post, when I am not using any foul language. When I try to repost the same post it keeps giving me the same prompt until I just go click happy on the Submit button until it works. Please fix.njdss4

How long has it been like this for? I had this problem the other day but it was just a glitch that went away after a short period of time.
njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 njdss4
It happens on-and-off and I just finally got sick of it. Some days it's fine, other days I can't get a single post out without getting the "censoring" prompt. Like today.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I just got the message for a previous post. Be patient, its just a glitch. You can post here at the moment so its not a massive problem. Like i said though, its a glitch that should be gone soon.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
I had the same problems. Here's what I typed: "(4^2) + (2^2) - 1."
Paul_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Paul_06
Member since 2005 • 36723 Posts
It's happening here...I'll be fortunate to even post this.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
I've only gotten it today, and it's happened on almost every post so far (including this one!).
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

I'm constantly getting the "one or more of your words were automatically censored" when I go to post, when I am not using any foul language. When I try to repost the same post it keeps giving me the same prompt until I just go click happy on the Submit button until it works. Please fix.njdss4

I am too, it's obnoxious.

I am constantly getting the censored message, and I am constantly getting HTML errors when there are none in my posts.

I know everyone else is too, because you'll read posts where suddenly the post stops and it says for.bidden and then the rest of the post is deleted (that's what the forum does to a post when it returns the error.)

Friggin' sloppy.

matttrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 matttrd
Member since 2004 • 5076 Posts
Same here constantly getting censored for no reason.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

It happens to me constantly (and for several days.)

I was going to reply in this topic about the specifics but when I hit submit I got

Errors:

One or more words within your message were automatically censored.

Then my entire post was lost.

Friggin' sloppy. This forum is more riddled with errors than any other I've ever used. Half of the time it's so slow it isn't usable (and it isn't my connection.... I use the forum at work and the connection speed here is on par with a T1,) and the other half of the time it just flat out won't let you post. Is this forum a college student's final coding project? Feels like it.

gotgame91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gotgame91
Member since 2005 • 7460 Posts
The exact same thing is happening to me.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
It's happening to me a lot today.
tyployt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 tyployt
Member since 2004 • 3545 Posts
It's happened to me numerous times in the past couple days. Yesterday I was trying to send a PM and got the error. I was trying to change words, remove html tags, etc. But finally I gave up and went to TV.com to send it. This is really annoying, please fix this.
Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teivan
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
It should be fixed now. We were having some database connectivity issues for a little bit. When the system can't find the list of censored words its not returning the correct error message. It should be telling you that it can't validate rather than that there is something wrong. I've opened up a bug report to fix the error message. However, the db is back up and running smoothly so you shouldn't continue to receive this error.
njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 njdss4
[QUOTE="Teivan"]It should be fixed now. We were having some database connectivity issues for a little bit. When the system can't find the list of censored words its not returning the correct error message. It should be telling you that it can't validate rather than that there is something wrong. I've opened up a bug report to fix the error message. However, the db is back up and running smoothly so you shouldn't continue to receive this error.

THANK YOU!