Confusing comments section

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scorpion1813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scorpion1813
Member since 2005 • 5306 Posts

Recently the comments section has started acting weird. Don't know if this was intentional but it's never happened before, and yet it's happening all the time now.

Anyway, I can be having a discussion in the comments section of a video or article, and at some point it stops loading new comments. So I refresh the page only for the comments to be jumbled up. The normal comments are fine, and in order, but any reply is completely out of place. It makes following conversations really hard to do, and it makes it seem like a comment was made in reply to another comment, when it was not.

I've tried changing the order from Oldest-Newest, but the problem remains.

And on a related note, I no longer receive any form on notifications as to when people reply to me or like my comments. This was a feature that made it easier to follow multiple conversations and to respond to people who may have joined the conversation after I've left. Why has thiis feature been removed?

In a nutshell, the comments section is becoming very hard to have a conversation or a discussion in. Why change something that wasn't broken? Nothing has been improved, but things have actually been broken.

best_Alchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 best_Alchemist
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts
The commenting system on GameSpot articles and in user blogs are hosted by Livefyre. As such, all technical issues and changes to the commenting system are handled by them. As for the notifications, make sure your settings via Fuse allow for them. If your settings are correct and you're still not receiving notifications, it could be a bug. For both problems, you can try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps alleviate the problems. Here's a nice support article detailing the process: here; alternatively you can try clearing your browser's cookies as explained here. I hope one of these helps!