can't view screenshots since new website update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Ever since gamespot implemented the "VIEW FULL SIZE" script, I haven't been able to see the screenshots at all.
Only 1 or 2 pictures have loaded, but the rest just stay black.
I'm using the latest Firefox.

halp plz.

nvm I know what the problem is.

Because of this new script, it won't show the picture until it's fully loaded, and until it is, it's pure black :/ lame update imo, can you change it back or something please? 

neojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 neojam
Member since 2004 • 1220 Posts

Same here, since that update, 80 of 100 times i click on thumbinail all i get is a black screen. (firefox 2.0.0.3)

And cant you guys makes the Ads in screenshot view smaller, becouse they take unreasonably huge amount of space
(the whole layout actually sucks, thats the main reason i rarely view screenshots on GS, for that porpose i use to IGN and etc.):
http://www.hidebehind.com/57F0DC60 

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

Same here I have windows XP and I cannot view most images.

sotired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sotired
Member since 2004 • 58 Posts

Ditto.  Using Windows XP and Firefox 2.0.0.3.

This problem bothers me quite a bit; I hope it can be resolved.

ViciousXUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ViciousXUSMC
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I was browsing and have this same issue, I cant seem to see any screenshots.  I think 1/100 have loaded for me.  I use IE the newest one.  I have a Fiber Optic internet connection so I know I have the speed/bandwidth on my side so it has to be server side.
guertt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 guertt
Member since 2006 • 540 Posts
I have the same problem here. can't see the first picture but if I try another one it's ok. But when It come's to only one picture i'm busted.
Vermifuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vermifuge
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts

I wonder if this is a java script issue....   i'll see if i can replicate the problem.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Same problem here.. quite annoying.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Same here, but it will display a screenshot if you click one of the other thumbnails and not the one you actually wanted to view.. Hope it makes sense :)
Vermifuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vermifuge

Same problem here.. quite annoying.Phantsy16

Thanks for the specs but i have a feeling this is software and not hardware.   

Vermifuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vermifuge

If your stil having issues could you go to this site and report back what t says?

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BounceDK

If your stil having issues could you go to this site and report back what t says?

Vermifuge
useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; da; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 browser: Netscape aol version: N/A platform: WinNT/2000 javascript ver: 1.4 java version: disabled The image I wanted to view didn't load, only when I clicked on another thumbnail and then clicked on the first one again...
DamnedEyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DamnedEyez
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Same thing here. Windows XP (up to date) Firefox 2.0.0.3 I have javascript off by default but have it set to allow cnet, gamespot and image.gamespotcdn.com.
Madness_3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Madness_3D
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm getting same but can see nothing,

at all

XP + IE 6

DamnedEyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DamnedEyez
Ok, I found the main part of my problem...they're background images and I don't allow those to show in my browser. Oddly enough, I can still see the bottom 1/4 of the image though.
CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CybertronR
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
Hey guys, I make a change to the image viewer, can you guys check it out and see if it works for you? After opening the image viewer push these keys together: shift + ctrl + r That *should* clear the old version of the javascript from your cache and give you the new and improved version! Report back if you have problems. Thanks! :)
CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CybertronR
[QUOTE="DamnedEyez"]Ok, I found the main part of my problem...they're background images and I don't allow those to show in my browser. Oddly enough, I can still see the bottom 1/4 of the image though.

Actually they're not background images. However, whatever you're using to disable background images might be affecting the iframe containing an ad that is actually placed across the image. Interesting that you browse without background images. How does the rest of the site look?
DamnedEyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DamnedEyez
Actually, I have Firefox set to force pages to use my system colors (which is black background, red text...it's easier on the eyes at 3am when the lights are off.) Unfortunately, that setting also ignores any background images and makes CSS look a bit screwy but I'm used to it. Obviously it doesn't play well with your iframe though, since the image is sticking out from the bottom: http://eyez.boldlygoingnowhere.org:8080/BoxArt/GSImages.png and, for kicks, the forum here: http://eyez.boldlygoingnowhere.org:8080/BoxArt/GSForums.png I'll just have to get used to turning the colors back on to see images, like I used to on imdb.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BounceDK
And it works! Awesome.
CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CybertronR
[QUOTE="DamnedEyez"]Actually, I have Firefox set to force pages to use my system colors (which is black background, red text...it's easier on the eyes at 3am when the lights are off.) Unfortunately, that setting also ignores any background images and makes CSS look a bit screwy but I'm used to it. Obviously it doesn't play well with your iframe though, since the image is sticking out from the bottom: http://eyez.boldlygoingnowhere.org:8080/BoxArt/GSImages.png and, for kicks, the forum here: http://eyez.boldlygoingnowhere.org:8080/BoxArt/GSForums.png I'll just have to get used to turning the colors back on to see images, like I used to on imdb.

Yeah, it's setting the background color of the iframe to black. It should be transparent. :(
DamnedEyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DamnedEyez
Yeah, it's setting the background color of the iframe to black. It should be transparent. :(CybertronR
That does make sense. Ah, but it's my own doing...and easy enough to change settings when I want to peruse the images.
neojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 neojam
Member since 2004 • 1220 Posts

Now everything seems to work fine over here (firefox 2.0.0.3), good job!

And the popup idea for the gallery was good too, the size of the view-area for the screenshots is now acceptable.
Now, is there a way to force the screenshots to open in full size by default? I really hate that "View full size!" deal...

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
This happens to me some of the time. If I click the maximize button is shows the image but it should still show it when restored.
Simsdawgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Simsdawgy
Member since 2003 • 307 Posts
cant see screenshots and my sig????whats going on