.5 reviews making reviews too predictable and simple.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blockbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blockbuster
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts

I personally think that the .5 review system is limiting a lot.. (7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 and so forth)ESPECIALLY since Gamespot is already pin point on all their reviews in terms of finding everything right and wrong about a game..

Make the reviews .25. (7.0, 7.25, 7.5)

I can bet for example, that if the OLD system was back, games like bioshock instead of getting a 9.0, it would have gotten a 9.3 or 9.2. And also, because Bioshock was such a great game, and the fact that it got a 9.0, it was pretty much CERTAIN that a game like Metroid Prime 3 would get an 8.5.. Where before, it would probably get that 9.0 or a 9.1. Which then brings to the future theat the review system is also predictable as well..

I don't know, its like to me, the new review system contradicts itself. it's like Gamespot is tough on reviews (Which is good) yet their number review system is simplistic.

Who bets that Halo 3 gets a 9.5? And Mario Galaxy gets an 8? Watch..

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'm afraid Gamespot aren't going to change the system back to the way it way. It has been said many times.
mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts
Yea i don't get why they changed it in the first place, i really really really dislike the new system, not that i'm complaining about any recent reviews but atleast the old system was more precise; you rate parts of the game and it spits out an average for you. What was wrong with that? now, we just decide for ourself if the game is good or bad and give it a number on a scale of one to ten...i really don't like it and i'm sure my arguement sucked but its late, still, the old review system was better, but can i have a reason as to why it was changed please?
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
It doesn't matter if the scores are 'predictable'. You're seeing the review system as some sort of a contest. The reviews are designed to tell you if you should buy the game or not
vgplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 vgplaya
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts
I loved the .1 system SO MUCH BETTER. And the little Graphics, Gameplay, Sound, Tilt, and Replay thing helped me in showing what a game EXCELED at. When did it all CHANGE!??!?!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Already have a thread right below this:?

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25814319