fartmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fartmoo
Member since 2004 • 788 Posts

I was playing normally I belive I was around sequence 10 quit for the night and when I tried to open my game it claimed it was "damaged" and no matter how many times I try to overwrite or reinstall the game or even insert other save games they are always "damaged." Does anyone have some sort of fix for this problem?

goatee83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 goatee83
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

woww man that's totally weird, i got a corrupt save file yesterday in sequence 10 too...

Ihasnoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ihasnoface
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Same with me, i was at memory14, and did every naval battle and homestead missions before moving on to the main missions... being so close to the end it would be cool if someone could share a completed save file... but reading the Threads, some ppl feel it is "worse than cheat codes" and "spoils the game".... i was at the end... plz someone have a heart and share a safe file :p id rather die than play the village missions from the start... a 100% save file would allow me to select a memory sequence to start from, making it a easy way to get to wear I was... not really cheating in my eyes.
Ihasnoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ihasnoface
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Ihasnoface"]Same with me, i was at memory14, and did every naval battle and homestead missions before moving on to the main missions... being so close to the end it would be cool if someone could share a completed save file... but reading the Threads, some ppl feel it is "worse than cheat codes" and "spoils the game".... i was at the end... plz someone have a heart and share a safe file :p id rather die than play the village missions from the start... a 100% save file would allow me to select a memory sequence to start from, making it a easy way to get to wear I was... not really cheating in my eyes.

Im running PS3 by the way... wish it was pc, since u can go to http://freeall2u.blogspot.com/2012/11/assassins-creed-3-pc-savegames.html
hajalie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hajalie24
Member since 2007 • 823 Posts
I had the same problem. Running the game as administrator fixed the issue for me.
berserker66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 berserker66666
Member since 2012 • 1754 Posts

The quickest way to fix Assassin's Creed 3 save files and not lose much progress is to delete the latest save file from both the save directory and saves.ini. The ACTUAL saves are locard in C:\ProgramData\Orbit\54\. Then sort those files by date and delete the latest entry but before you do, note the file name (eg. save545) and click saves.ini, locate that file and delete that entry from there). Done. Since AC3 autosaves almost at everything, you shouldn't lose much progress by this method.

8Nik8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 8Nik8
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The quickest way to fix Assassin's Creed 3 save files and not lose much progress is to delete the latest save file from both the save directory and saves.ini. The ACTUAL saves are locard in C:\ProgramData\Orbit\54\. Then sort those files by date and delete the latest entry but before you do, note the file name (eg. save545) and click saves.ini, locate that file and delete that entry from there). Done. Since AC3 autosaves almost at everything, you shouldn't lose much progress by this method.

berserker66666
could u please be more specific... what do u mean by "both the save directory and saves.ini."?? then "..sort those files.."?? somebody Help me out plz M on Sequence9... bloody SAVE blew up!! PS i'v deleted the save game(through game only) and (Before deleting) i'v got backup of files in C:\ProgramData\Orbit\54 there's no way M starting over!!
8Nik8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 8Nik8

berserker66666
xcaninox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xcaninox
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

berserker66666

hmmm you have helped me alot by sharing the location of the saves..

tho it is a bit confusing bcuz it seems the location varies depending if you are using a pirated version or the original version.. so be aware of that

but uh i've managed to fix my save and i'm gonna try to report what i did..

i followed your instructions precisely but in the in the end i had no success, the savegame would still be appearing as damaged.. but i didn't give up, i've tried many things, like deleting not only the last entry but a few more, cuz maybe the damaged one was in the middle.. in the end it also didn't work.

Then i decided to take a step further and regress it one day, meaning that, my save would go back 1 day before i stopped playing it, so i would lose everything i did in the last day but i would be sure that the files were supposed to be working bcuz i have loaded them a day before already so that is what i did.. and for my curiosity, it still appearing as damaged.. but as i knew they weren't damaged (bcuz, as i already said, i have loaded them a day before and they worked just fine) i figured the problem wasn't in the savegame itself, maybe it was only a problem within any other file of the game, which i couldn't precisely tell but i had something in mind.. so i thought of uninstalling and then re-installing would maybe fix it, but before that i tried something else, and that is when it worked..

so this is what i did:

went to C:\ProgramData\Orbit\54 and made a backup, and then deleted everything inside it.. Then i went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx\54\ and also made a backup and deleted everything inside it..

then i started the game and created a new savegame with the same name mine had, which btw was the default one which is Desmond... then i waited for it to save at least ONE time, then i closed the game went to C:\ProgramData\Orbit\54 made sure there was at least one save created there, deleted everything inside the folder and returned the files from the backup to there.

then finally i restarted the game and surprisingly it worked, and not only that, but i didn't lost a single thing, absolutely everything was there the same way i left it the last time i've played. The conclusion is it that the savegame itself wasn't damaged AT ALL, what was damaged was some other file that obviously i don't know its name but i got fixed by creating a new one with the same name (Desmond).

I'm sure this was a long read, but i'm also sure that whoever is after a solution to fix the problem will be very grateful with this information. Good luck

7imgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 7imgamer
I'm grateful for you and many thanks for you xcaninox i fixed the problem and worked perfectly with me thank you
StefanSX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StefanSX
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Thank you berserker that did it, i only lost 1 side mission.

Glennen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Glennen
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Does anyone know what to do when this happens with the Washington Edition?

Two days ago I had a corrupted savegame. I used the running-as-administrator workaround and was able to keep playing.

Then, yesterday I played as usual and got to almost the end of sequence 6 (collected all feathers before) and quit the game.

When I wanted it to play today, the game wouldn't run. It never got to the intro screen, it got an Appcrash or ApphangB1 error.

Deleting the save games let the game run again.

I tried to download a savegame from the internet, but those files have names like 1.save or 3.save. Mine have names like Save044.sav and so on. Renaming the downloaded files and adding an entry doesn't work, it results in a damaged savegame. (especially since not a single savegame download page explains how to tweak the saves.ini once you copied the downloaded savefile into the folder)

maityankit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 maityankit
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I have finished the game, unlocked some jewels, some keys, some collector stuff along with 4-5 forts. I have around 90% sync. In case you need the saved files, just drop me a reply. I can provide the saved game files and you can just go back to ADB and replay. =D

RampageBob_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RampageBob_123
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@maityankit: Please,I beg you,can you send me???

AhsanRaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AhsanRaza
Member since 2016 • 3 Posts

I am also facing the same fucking problem at sequence 10.Don't know what to do? I think there is some kind of technical issue with the game coding. They should fix it. Anyhow, I am going to delete this fucking game.