gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1 gotrekfabian
Member since 2006 • 6463 Posts

Can the Mods in any way try to police the fanboys on this site, please? Some of them are taking things a little too far with multiple comments in a topic, many of which are attempts (IMO) at troll baiting.

We all know one in particular whom I speak of but there are others who are pushing the envelope too far also. I don't want to flag them as this is why I was temporarily unable to post previously (I was flagging all of the spam we had at one point as well as a few disagreeable comments). I don't expect or even want for that matter, an instant ban of the "offenders", but a warning and to be pointed in the direction of the TOU and the system wars forum is something these users need judging by their current attitudes.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

@gotrekfabian:The System Wars mods mainly handle issues in System Wars. They generally keep the place inline with the TOU. Sometimes this can be with in thread warnings, others through the PM system.

If you think there is an issue they may have missed, then I would advise you either PM one of them or PM the whole team so one of them can answer. While this board is for general moderation questions, for issues like this you'd be better off contacting that boards moderators.

gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gotrekfabian

@zanelli:Thanks for the reply.

My issue isn't related to the System Wars forum though, it is trolls and fanboys in general discussion or news topics. Hopefully now that the next gen has launched they will calm down a little but it really was getting out of control and bordering on what I can only describe as acidic childishness.

The irony is that some mods were frequenting those forums and not seeing it or worse still, ignoring it. I appreciate that the work of a mod is difficult and unthanked but it is what they are there for.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56190 Posts

@gotrekfabian: I'm a forum guy and my main place is System Wars. Sadly, I rarely go to actual article comments section myself and might miss a few comments if they are being fanboys about it. But if I see someone posting system wars fanboy, I'll remove it if I spot them. No promises but I'll keep an eye out.

If you have any question, feel free to PM me.

gotrekfabian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gotrekfabian

@davillain-: Will do, TYVM.

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

I have only just learnt of these “system wars”. I would like to get involved. Are either side recruiting and if so, which one do you recommend? Are we allowed to use weapons and what is the first mission objective? Can I take part?

If you could find me more information on these multiple wars and how to apply myself to each one, that would be awesome. I don’t mind sharing my camo-paint either.