kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Yahtzee's review this week surprised me though in fairness way back on his site before he was on the Escapist he did do a bizarre daily log review of the original AC. Also this is the second Nintendo game he's reviewed where he didn't spend half the review moaning about the hardware. (the first was Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon).

Actually as of lately his vids have been rather funny like the opening of his E3 wrap up.

"It was the international Don't F*** Up Contest and Microsoft came out and stabbed themselves repeatedly in the stomach and said "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!" then fell over and Sony came out and said "I don't want to stab myself in the stomach. That s*** hurts." To where confetti and thunderous applause rained down on them."

But his AC review is actually really funny. I wish more of his Nintendo reviews were like this instead of whining about the hardware or whatever.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7738-Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf

But he's AC review is a lot similar to The Final Bosman's impressions. He wants to hate this sort of game and admits that it's not the sort of thing you can't play for six hours and yet you return to it day after day after day and he likes that you don't have to upgrade your house and yet you will and Nook is laughing at you because DEBT IS YOUR LIFE!!

Also how many of us were given a piece of furniture by a town resident just to take it straight to the pawn shop? We all have done this.