Anyone else still bother with the original Animal Crossing?

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

While waiting for the 10th so I can finally play New Leaf(*cough*blog explains why*cough*),I borrowed my sisters copy of Animal Crossing(its her game,although the Cube ownership shifted from her back to me) since I was kind of bored with City Folk after having everything I could want in that game,plus I've been wanting to play it again for a long time,since its tons of different from CF and WW.

While I've played it before,I had to start fresh here,since me and my sis lost our data since the memory card had to be formatted(damn you Nyko),although that was also fine,since I also haven't had the experience of doing work for Nook's in a long time,and this was the only AC I never got around to getting a full house in.

I've got to say,there are still a ton of things here I love that weren't in WW or CF,ranging from:

• GBA stuff,it was nice being able to work on patterns anywhere,and the island was real awesome,especially since its a huge money maker,I already payed off my debt twice in the first two days thanks to it.
  • Visiting another town through the memory card,of course you can do that through online now,and you could do that in a similar way with the DS Suitcase in City Folk,but it was more exciting in this game since thats the only way to visit another town,and you alway's had a chat with Rover on the train ride.I'm looking forward to visiting my sister's town when she makes it(I'm giving her the Cube back on the tenth :3)
  • Choosing what you want to talk about with a neighbor,and by that,choose whether you want to go on a fetch quest for them or just talk.
  • The raffle Nook has at the end of every month that lets you win awesome prizes.
  • No grass deterioration.Oh how great it is not worrying about that,WW had that annoying looking desert look in it,CF starts out with grass but infamously looses it,and I believe its in New Leaf,although it seems not to be as bad as CF and grows back.
  • The music.The music in the game is just plain beautiful,I honestly feel WW and CF's music is kind of boring when compared to this one's.I'm not talking about K.K.'s music,but the music that plays in the background,plus the main theme.

and finally,my favorite feature that I don't get why we don't have anymore:

• The Diary.

Not kidding.You have no idea how much I love it,the feeling of writing about my AC day and thoughts just made it feel more like your actually living in the town.Plus,I liked the option to let others be able to read it or not,if we still had it,it'd be even better since friends who visit your town online will be denied the ability to read it.The denial causes a immense feel of curiosity and anger.

Only problem i'm having with the diary is its just one page a month,although the page is pretty big.Anyone know if having multiple diary's let you write more?

So does anyone else still play the original?

..and,if you do still bother with it,care to give me a gift using a passcode?Smashbro from SmashV.   :P

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

I forgot about NES games.The act of getting a NES game is alway's thrilling,even if its DK Jr. Math,the worst game ever :P

I know they would never do something like that anymore thanks to VC,but I alway's thought a feature like letting you load you VC games inside the Animal Crossing game would have been great,rather then having to exit out to the home console menu.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I haven't touched it in a long time.
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting the original just to try it out.
coylenintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#5 coylenintendo
Member since 2005 • 13713 Posts
I used to play it so much back when it was the only Animal Crossing that was out. I owned Wild World but didn't get into too much like I did with the Gamecube version. after I sold my Gamecube and all games, I ended up buying the original Animal Crossing again to play on the Wii :P but I didn't play it for long and honestly, with how much you can do in New Leaf.. it would feel pretty weird playing the Gamecube version. still a great game though.