kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

So it's safe to say that AC: New Leaf is a huge hit for Nintendo helping to move units so it's probably safe to say we'll be seeing a WiiU version probably within the next year or so. This made me wonder how they could improve on the formula. For me "New Leaf" injected some new life into the series after City Folk was starting to make it feel stale. Namely the addition of let you be mayor and customize the town.

First of Nintendo has stated considering making a "Free to Play" version of Animal Crossing which anyone who's played any of the Zynga FB "ville" games has an idea of how that would work. Now I can easily see them still having a full retail disc as well. (MS is doing a similar thing with the new Killer Instinct). But namely only so much would be available for the free to play owners with microtransactions for certain things like bigger house upgrades or certain items.

Also I think AC is well suited for the WiiU using the gamepad for the map and inventory as the handheld versions have. That seems like a no brainer. Also some sort of Miiverse integration could be interesting and seeing the images in SSB4 gives us an idea of what an HD AC would look like.

If there's something the next version could improve is it would be nice if you could set up more than one public works project at a time. Maybe 2 or 3 giving more of a SimCity feel.

Would you like to see an Animal Crossing U? And if so, what would you like to see added?

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Originally,I had trouble thinking of that many things besides hd graphics and a new "plot"(wrong word I know,but New Leaf's plot made you the mayor after all).But now I just remembered one thing:The camera.

I really liked how in New Leaf you could rotate the camera around 360 in your house,I alway's had objects near the South wall facing the wall until now because of that.But now I think they should work on a more free camera when outside.The main problem I've had with the one they had since WW is that its alway's facing North,so when your in a rush toward the south direction you don't really see what's ahead of(behind) you.This is a huge problem when I'm running from Main Street to Re-Tail in time before it closes,since I don't bother to memorize where all my flower's are.It would be really great if they let you flip it the other way around,or perhaps finally have a full 3D camera,since Wii U does have 2 analog sticks(without an add-on).

They could obviously do off screen tv play with the gamepad,and the inventory or map,but one thing I was thinking of was a first person camera view on the gamepad,similar to the one Pikmin 3 has.It'd be great for taking screens to share on Miiverse and the internet,not to mention it'd give an amazing view,I was intrigued when Game & Wario had such a view in its Taxi game.

But even with that,I wouldn't really want a new main Animal Crossing next year,maybe 2 or 3,the last game kind of feels like time wasted if they come out that fast.

And with that said,I personally wouldn't mind a reasonably priced New Leaf HD port to the Wii U next year.They could add a load of Wii U exclusive features(that would only work on Wii U),a cross-save/play like system,and a load of new content/features that even 3DS could get through a patch,such as Miiverse support,since 3DS is supposed to have that by then,plus there are plently of minor things people want patches on,such as not being able to send mail to your friends town in your own town,not having a Japanese keyboard in the NA version to chat with Japanese only speaker's online(most understand Romaji,but some don't),plus a lot more.

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

Since the 3DS version is selling well, I'm sure a Wii U one will be announced soon enough.

Hopefully a Wii U version will have Off TV play, because a game like this seems better on a smaller screen you can walk around with imo. Also hope they expand the inventory a little, I want to be able to carry more things :P.