MEU special forces group extravaganza team assemble go!

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rallydrifter
Member since 2010 • 346 Posts

So we have been talking about this in the profile name thread, but I felt like this needed its own thread.

The deal is that I feel like experiencing the multiplayer portion of ME3 with other ME fans is probably the best way to do it.  So, my idea was that everyone could post what system they are playing ME3 on, the time zone they live in and their profile name for that system.

This way we can make groups of the best compatibility to play online together.  The demo is coming fast and I can't wait to play it with other ME fans! 

Only 1 more week!

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

I will be playing the demo on 360, but I will also try it out on PS3. My time zone is GMT, so at the time this post is made it was 17:00 for me

My main class will most likely be Infiltrator

lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts
Best name for a thread - EVER!!:lol:
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rallydrifter

Best name for a thread - EVER!!:lol:lewfa1

Haha, thanks.

Btw I'll be playing on 360, my GT is streetrallyacer, and I'm in the EST time zone so it is 16:21 for me.

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

I'll be playing on the 360...

Gamertag is majinstrings87

My timezone is PST...the time I made this post was 2:24 PM or 14:24

I'll probably be playing as a Soldier...

...and I very likely won't be using a headset...

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rallydrifter

Alright, so far I think Maj, N7, and I could probably get together to play.

Maybe Indy could join as well?  We need more members in here!

Avatar image for Lone_Warrior_66
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Lone_Warrior_66
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
This makes me wish I had an Xbox ;P. I'll be playing on PC.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 majinstrings

This makes me wish I had an Xbox ;P. I'll be playing on PC. Lone_Warrior_66

Aw...

When is cross-platform multiplayer gonna be standard in gaming!?

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lone_Warrior_66

[QUOTE="Lone_Warrior_66"]This makes me wish I had an Xbox ;P. I'll be playing on PC. majinstrings

Aw...

I think we'll get there eventually, I am guessing the next generation of consoles.
lewfa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lewfa1
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts
[QUOTE="majinstrings"]

[QUOTE="Lone_Warrior_66"]This makes me wish I had an Xbox ;P. I'll be playing on PC. Lone_Warrior_66

Aw...

I think we'll get there eventually, I am guessing the next generation of consoles.

That would be fantastic if cross-console gaming did happen with the next generation of machines but I wasn't so optimistic first read the idea. I was thinking 'if I were the head of Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft, why would I want to enable gaming that would allow a player using another makers console to have access my gaming network. If a player has a 360/720 but can assess games on the PSN why would they want to buy a PS3/4?'

But then I thought that cross-console gaming would probably work for players playing the same game, say ME3, on different systems. A subscription based service could enable players to assess multiplayer options with different types of playing systems. That might mean that developers might then create games for Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, home computers and a subscription service like Steam that players could access via various systems.

What are your thoughts?

I realize that this question is off topic to this new and tidy thread so if anyone would like to answer, perhaps it could be done over in the Off Topic thread.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N7v1K0
C'mon Maj, you gotta have a mic for this! How are we gonna teamwork properly? :P
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 majinstrings

C'mon Maj, you gotta have a mic for this! How are we gonna teamwork properly? :PN7v1K0

Ugh...but I hate speaking :lol:

I'm quiet and mumble so I often have to repeat myself...

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Emac44
Member since 2010 • 144 Posts
Whats with all this GMT and PST and 360 talk? I'll be playing on Ps3 in EST and It's exactly 10:24pm
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N7v1K0

I managed to get early access to the demo!!! :D

Single player consists of two parts - Earth and Sur'Kesh. Earth is mostly cinematic and features a few short fights with husks. Plenty of Reapers can be seen in the background kicking the living crap out of everything :P

Sur'Kesh is mostly just fighting Cerberus. Unfortunately, it seems that Bioware removed weapons benches, etc. from the Sur'Kesh level and no matter what class you play you start off with the same weapons. 

Combat is much more fast paced than ME2, and the AI seems improved. Enemy bullets can penetrate your cover from time to time and prevent shield regen. However, shields regen much faster than ME2, so its not so bad. Health is done in 5 bars now, so if a bar gets fully depleted it will not regen unless medigel is applied. Squadmates also seem capable of reviving themselves and manage to stay alive much longer.

Unfortunately, the AI is not perfect. Sometimes enemies tend to do strange things such as take cover behind something that lacks any sort of protection (such as pipes with gaps in them), run up, hit you and run away without attempting to finish you off, roll from cover into open ground, roll into walls or don't attempt to walk around your cover and just stand there shooting at it.

Insanity difficulty is quite easy unless you get backed into a corner. Cerberus troops begin to spam grenades if you don't move, and this is quite a problem when stronger enemies are around, such as the Atlas mech. I died several times fighting the Atlas, but eventually found a piece of cover which prevented the Atlas from moving around it, and also made all grenades bounce off the Atlas and explode harmlessly. 

Enemies in the demo include; Husks, Cannibals, Cerberus Assault Troopers, Cerberus Centurions, Cerberus Guardians, Cerberus Engineers, Cerberus Turrets and Cerberus Atlas Mechs. 

Oh and the reason why I posted all this in this thread was to say that the coop will be unlocked the same day as everyone else, and we most likely will be able to kick ass on Insanity :P

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lone_Warrior_66

N7v1K0
HOW!?! ;) :P Edit: Never mind, I found out ;). I also managed to obtain an early access code but it's only useable for Xbox.... how cruel :P.

I'll pm the code to whoever messages me first if you don't manage to obtain one via the facebook game.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rallydrifter

I also got an early access code.  The demo was AWESOME!  I already played it twice.  Once as an infiltrator and another time as an engineer.

Can't wait to play some co op though.

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emac44

I'm soooooo jealous, I own a Ps3 so I'm waiting till tuesday....

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rallydrifter
Yea, sorry there's no PS3 love.
Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lone_Warrior_66
Yea, sorry there's no PS3 love.rallydrifter
Or PC love for that matter :(. Need to wait until I get home on Wednesday to play 0_o.
Avatar image for IndianaJones414
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IndianaJones414
Member since 2011 • 1197 Posts

Only a couple more days left before the demo comes out, I bet it will take like 2 or 3 hours to download.

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emac44

Only a couple more days left before the demo comes out, I bet it will take like 2 or 3 hours to download.

IndianaJones414

LMAO probably. I know i'm unpluging every electronic device in my houseexcept my Ps3 , tv and router when I get home from school O.o

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IndianaJones414

Does anyone know how the single-player demo is supposed to be?

rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rallydrifter
Read N7's post on the first page about it.
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IndianaJones414
Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the demo first hand.
siarhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 siarhei
Member since 2008 • 2971 Posts

Single player consists of two parts - Earth and Sur'Kesh. Earth is mostly cinematic and features a few short fights with husks. Plenty of Reapers can be seen in the background kicking the living crap out of everything :P

Sur'Kesh is mostly just fighting Cerberus. Unfortunately, it seems that Bioware removed weapons benches, etc. from the Sur'Kesh level and no matter what class you play you start off with the same weapons.

Combat is much more fast paced than ME2, and the AI seems improved. Enemy bullets can penetrate your cover from time to time and prevent shield regen. However, shields regen much faster than ME2, so its not so bad. Health is done in 5 bars now, so if a bar gets fully depleted it will not regen unless medigel is applied. Squadmates also seem capable of reviving themselves and manage to stay alive much longer.

Unfortunately, the AI is not perfect. Sometimes enemies tend to do strange things such as take cover behind something that lacks any sort of protection (such as pipes with gaps in them), run up, hit you and run away without attempting to finish you off, roll from cover into open ground, roll into walls or don't attempt to walk around your cover and just stand there shooting at it.

Insanity difficulty is quite easy unless you get backed into a corner. Cerberus troops begin to spam grenades if you don't move, and this is quite a problem when stronger enemies are around, such as the Atlas mech. I died several times fighting the Atlas, but eventually found a piece of cover which prevented the Atlas from moving around it, and also made all grenades bounce off the Atlas and explode harmlessly.

Enemies in the demo include; Husks, Cannibals, Cerberus Assault Troopers, Cerberus Centurions, Cerberus Guardians, Cerberus Engineers, Cerberus Turrets and Cerberus Atlas Mechs.

Oh and the reason why I posted all this in this thread was to say that the coop will be unlocked the same day as everyone else, and we most likely will be able to kick ass on Insanity :P

N7v1K0
I think we need a demo thread.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rallydrifter

Multiplayer servers are up!  I cant play on my GT till Friday though :x so I'm playing on my roomates right now. 

What I can say is that MP is really really fun!  More in depth review later.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N7v1K0

MP is just completely amazing! I'm loving it, and I'm sooo glad BioWare added it. :)

Currently I am ranked No. 1 in Ireland at MP! :D :D :D

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Emac44

MP is just completely amazing! I'm loving it, and I'm sooo glad BioWare added it. :)

N7v1K0
Ok I'm bout to be the top ranked on Ps3 in the U.S
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N7v1K0

Ok I'm bout to be the top ranked on Ps3 in the U.SEmac44

Nice, well done! :D

IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IndianaJones414
Well done, but guys just remember this is just the demo, we still have about 3 more weeks left before the actual game comes out.
rallydrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rallydrifter

On my roomates GT, I'm 67 in U.S.  Probably played for 6 in half hours already. lol

Its that good! :D

Emac44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Emac44
Well done, but guys just remember this is just the demo, we still have about 3 more weeks left before the actual game comes out. IndianaJones414
Oh don't worry about that I'm going to the midnight release and playing all night, I just don't know if I should play Single or multi-player
Hirasugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Hirasugi
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts

Don't know how I possibly missed this (had to be on valentine's day grumble grumble). But downloading now heres my contact:

Platform: 360

Gamertag: Hirasugi

Timezone: Eastern

No headset. See you when this thing downloads!! God I'm jittering with anticipation!!

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 majinstrings

N7v1K0

Ah, very nice! :D

Hirasugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hirasugi

single player demo was awesome. They really did a standup job polishing this game. Too bad I don't have access to the multiplayer until the 17th. But this is closer to the weekend so its not so bad :)

But just in case... are there any work arounds beside buying Battlefield 3? or will I just have to sit on my hands?

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lone_Warrior_66

But just in case... are there any work arounds beside buying Battlefield 3? or will I just have to sit on my hands?

Hirasugi
Not as far as I know. Giving early multiplayer access to people who bought BF3 was weird in the first place since both games don't exactly have a matching fanbase :S.
Hirasugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hirasugi

[QUOTE="Hirasugi"]

Lone_Warrior_66

Not as far as I know. Giving early multiplayer access to people who bought BF3 was weird in the first place since both games don't exactly have a matching fanbase :S.

I know right. I've bought every ME game, played through them multiple times, not to mention I've bought every bioware game since 2003 (most of them being collector's editions). And some dude who bought Battlefield 3 gets first dibs...hmph

Lone_Warrior_66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lone_Warrior_66

I know right. I've bought every ME game, played through them multiple times, not to mention I've bought every bioware game since 2003 (most of them being collector's editions). And some dude who bought Battlefield 3 gets first dibs...hmph

Hirasugi
Indeed, but that's marketing for you :(. Anyone playing the multiplayer on PC? Let me know :)
IndianaJones414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IndianaJones414
It felt great fighting Cerebues again.
Hirasugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hirasugi

So anyone free around 6/7ish EST. If so:

XBL: Hirasugi

Level 17 Sentinel

Silver

See you guys on the field! Man is this demo amazing!

majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 majinstrings

Level 17 Sentinel

Silver

Hirasugi

Sorry I didn't accept your invite earlier today...I was in the middle of a game with N7v1K0...

Hirasugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hirasugi

[QUOTE="Hirasugi"]

Level 17 Sentinel

Silver

majinstrings

Sorry I didn't accept your invite earlier today...I was in the middle of a game with N7v1K0...

No worries