- GameSpot Answers allows registrants to post questions and receive answers about details in a game. If you don't see an answer for your favorite game, ask a question! For an example, try doing a search for evil on the Fable II Answers page for some splendid detailed answers and some questions that are still open for you to answer!
- This Week's Game Night: On Tuesday April 14th we'll be playing Street Fighter IV on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Game Night Aftermath: Our first game night this year went pretty well for being a mature rated game. We had nearly 40 participants with a few cheerguys that stopped by to chat it up last Tuesday night. Stop by to view the report about how things went. There are some PC and Xbox 360 match videos as well!
- Nintendo DS board guidelines: Since the announcement DSi discussions needed to be in the main sticky thread. We've finally loosened up the rules a bit but be sure to read the comparison thread before posting in the forum
- Zombie Trivia is ends tomorrow at 4:00pm PT. Get your zombie knowledge on to earn an emblem.
This week's member spotlight goes to Sequekhan for his suggestions about remaining healthy while playing games. Here's an excerpt:
So when you sit in your favourite comfy chair and put on a game, do you spare a moment to think about your well-being? Do you plan how long you'll play, what you'll eat? Do you know how far you should sit from the screen?
- God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) AzelKosMos
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC) dark_being
- Final Fantasy XII (PS2) Garrison_Ford
- Eternal Sonata (PS3) ShadowLaguna
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (PC) Jedo
- Two Worlds (X360) zh666
Featured User Videos
Randomness teh Awesome
- BigC1689 talks about how people need to play games in moderation; especially with games like World of Warcraft.
- d3emondav3 grades the different platforms based on the games, graphics, value and fanbase.
- canana shared his opinions about the future of Zelda.
- TheBuck27 explains why he is still in love with his PlayStation 2. If you're a fan as well, be sure to track him as he plans to continue to write blogs about the platform.
- payne6705 explains why Nintendo doesn't get the DS.
- natasha8384 has uploaded a variety of gameplay videos of Wanted Weapons of Fate and Dark Athena.
- Johnsteed7 believes that Co-op Games Have An Expiration Date. Should you be purchasing these DLC right away?
- Sophia has posted some impressions about the Ninja Blade track.
- yeah_write asked for some advice about Guitar Hero and Rock Band
- The next Mod Collective game night will be Killzone 2 on Saturday, April 18th 2009.
- Post your Union activities ! Almost didn't have any union news until I came across spazzc625's blog!
Tip of the Week
This week's tip is about how you can avoid coming across spoilers while using GameSpot Answers. SavoyPrime asked if there was a way to dodge spoiling his favorite games and Dave Good aka megagood responded with the following scoop:
We implemented a few features to keep spoilers from surfacing when users aren't looking for them. The biggest one is that users can mark their question as a spoiler when they ask it. We have a few other behind-the-scenes tricks to keep spoilers out of the spotlight as well. If you see a spoiler-containing question without having searched for an answer and checked the box "search questions with spoilers," please let me know and we'll mark it as such.
If you have any further suggestions, drop by this discussion thread .
Until next week!