Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition coming to PC, runs at "silky smooth" 60fps
Capcom reveals "sharper" version of 2005 horror game featuring Steam support; will launch next month for $20.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Capcom today announced Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition for PC. Described as an "improved experience retooled for modern machines," the new version is coming to PC via Steam with "sharper textures, crisper text, a silky smooth 60fps framerate," and full Steam Support. Controller support is also included in the $20 / €20 package.
Resident Evil 4 for PC/Steam, which launches on February 27, also includes French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese subtitles and the Separate Ways minigame. You can pre-purchase the game through Steam today to receive an 80-page digital art archive and the 62-track official soundtrack.
Capcom originally shipped Resident Evil 4 for PC in 2007. The boxed version currently sells for $12 on Amazon. Resident Evil 4 debuted on GameCube and PlayStation 2 in 2005, but has since been released for a host of platforms, including Wii, Xbox Live/PlayStation Network, and iOS devices.
The full minimum and recommended system requirements for the Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition are listed below.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/ Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel CoreTM2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD AthlonTM X2 2.8 Ghz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM / Hard Disk Space: 15GB free hard drive space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better, ATI RadeonTM HD 4850 or better
- DirectX: 9.0c or above / Sound: Standard audio device
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD PhenomTM II X4 3 Ghz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM / Hard Disk Space: 15GB free hard drive space
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or better