After being pushed back from its original summer release, Chrome has finally gone gold. Published by Strategy First and developed by Polish studio Techland, the game is rated "M" and is set to ship October 28. The MSRP is $39.99.
Billed by Strategy First as "a cross between Rogue Spear and Deus Ex," Chrome is the latest game to chronicle the dangerous life of a futuristic mercenary. The tactical first-person shooter follows Logan, a gun-for-hire, as he tries to eke out a living on an interstellar frontier dominated by unscrupulous megacorporations. Besides its high-polygon graphics, Chrome's features include:
- Eight vehicle types, including four-wheelers, armored transports, shuttles, and mechs.
- Implants that can be used to improve character abilities, making them strong and/or stealthy.
- 14 missions set in lush tropical forests, rocky deserts, snowy glaciers, futuristic complexes, military bases, and orbital stations.
- 18 kinds of weapons, including machine guns, rocket launchers, and plasma rifles.
- An eight-level, up-to-32-player multiplayer mode with capture the flag, deathmatch, assault, team deathmatch, and team domination submodes.