People's Choice Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN QUEBEC, ALL OTHER US TERRORITORIES & POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI;
1) Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the People's Choice Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain http://www.gamespot.com/peopleschoice (the "CBSI Service"), you ("you" and/or "Participant") hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet or wireless device that allows you to access this Sweepstakes, you may enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Sweepstakes Period. You may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile and wireless service is offered on an "as is" basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional amounts at any time by giving you prior notice and/or it may discontinue service if you disagree to additional charges.
3) Entering the Sweepstakes. To register for the Sweepstakes and be entered into the drawings, users need to go to the CBSI Service, validate that you are 13 or over, provide your name, valid email address, agree to receive the GameSpot Newsletter, agree to these Official Rules and you will receive an entry into this Sweepstakes. Limit of one entry per person per daily entry period.
There is no fee to register into the Sweepstakes.
5) Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PT on June 16, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on June 24, 2014 (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period includes nine (9) separate daily entry period, each beginning at 9:00 AM PT and ending 24hrs later at 8:59:59AM PT (following day) with the exception of the final day which end at 11:59pm PT on June 24th, 2014. All decisions regarding, this Sweepstakes will be made by a CBSI representative, whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Prize: Two (2) winners (the “Winner(s)”) will receive a prize (the "Prize") the consists of six (6) Video Game Titles which they will get to choose from a list of possible choices or a gift card for Four Hundred Dollars (US$400.00), at Winner’s choice. Total approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Prize is Four Hundred Dollars (US$400.00).
Please note: As some Video Game Titles are as yet unreleased but have been announced, some Video Games may take up to 6 months to be delivered (depending on availability). If Winner chooses the video games Prize, and the video game(s) gets delayed beyond the date as we know it at time of this sweepstakes for reasons beyond our control, we will provide a $65 check in replacement for each title that’s been delayed.
7) Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
8) Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawing will take place on or about June 26, 2014. The Prize drawing will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Any potential winner who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline in order to be declared a Winner. Potential Prize winner will be contacted via email or by mail. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will select up to (2) alternates. If no contact has been made with the alternate after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt), the Prize shall not be awarded. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
9) Prize Restrictions. All other expenses relating to acceptance of winning the Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes are the responsibility of the Prize winner. Specifics of prize are subject to availability and at Sponsor's sole discretion. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. If the Prize winner is a minor, parent or legal guardian must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release in the same time-frame.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12) Internet. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry and/or participating process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should any part of this Sweepstakes be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Prize winner from among all eligible, non-suspect registrations received from the all eligible Participants as of the action requiring such termination. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network (wired or wireless) or telephone lines, wireless device, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer and/or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for any other printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of a Prize, the Prize winner, human or typographical errors or in any Sweepstakes- related materials.
13) Improper Conduct. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party (e.g. Administrator) in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14) Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor and/or Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor and or Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing of all the participants in entered prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor and/or Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
15) Lost or Corrupted Sweepstakes Registration. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible registration or postage due mail, if applicable; or for any computer, wireless device, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
16) Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
17) Sweepstakes Errors. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
18) Prize and Prize Winner. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the prize winner, the distribution of the prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
19) Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the prize winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate registration information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures unauthorized access of any computer/telephone/wireless telephone equipment or software, or any combination thereof. Sweepstakes registrations become the property of the Sponsor. Participants who submit inaccurate registration data and/or exceed the registration limits may be excluded from participation at any time during or after the Sweepstakes. By registering, registrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and consent to Sponsor's and its designees' use of their names &/or photographs for advertising or publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
20) Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
21) Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
22) Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of Sweepstakes registration. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
23) Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
24) Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
25) Winners List/Official Rules Requests: To obtain the name of the People's Choice Giveaway Sweepstakes winner, available after June 30, 2014 mail a self addressed stamped envelope ("SASE") to: CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Attn: People's Choice Giveaway Winner List. Requests received after June 30, 2014 will not be honored. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules mail a SASE to: CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, Attn: People's Choice Giveaway Rules Request. The name of the Prize Winner may, and Official Rules will, be posted on the CBSI Service. Requests for Official Rules received after June 30, 2014 will not be honored. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for Official Rules request.