Periodic reminder: the video game industry does not care about you (long calm placid rant)

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

Please take this in the most gentle respectful way possible: some of you all are really REALLY pathetic.

Every time I read a badly spelled improperly grammared limited vocabulary low IQ post stating "SONY IS TEH ROOOLZ AND MICROSOFT IS TEH SUXXXORRRSSS!" or vice versa, I lose a bit more of what little respect I have left for humanity in addition to a brain cell or two.

Here's a news flash: the video game industry writ large does not like you. The only thing they like about you is that green paper in your pocket and devising new innovative ways to separate as much of it from you possible. If the industry could wave a magic wand and make you all vanish but leave the green paper behind for them to collect, they would do it in a nanosecond.

Do you all really believe that Microsoft cares what gamers think when they cashiered studios and workers? I checked their stats and their stock is up 1.11% since the closures and firings, their market cap sits around $3.1T, their shareholders are ecstatic that they swung the axe and they are rewarding them for it.

Oh and I'm coming for you too Sony. Do you all really believe that Sony cared about PC gamer outrage around HD2 forcing them to get PSN accounts? They were going to ride out the always temporary online outrage and didn't change course until HD2 got pulled from 177 countries. In other words, they weren't going to do jack squat until they were measurably going to lose revenue.

So please adopt a mercenary transactional relationship with the video game industry because I guarantee the industry views you all that way. You give them money, they provide a product or service, that should be it, you don't owe them anything more least of all your loyalty. Phil, Doug, the SIE co-CEOs, and every other corporate executive stooge are evil despicable people whose sole life purpose/fiduciary duty is to keep the share price high, they are not your friends. Quit simping on them like the laughable band geek who actually believes the head cheerleader likes him.

As for me, I couldn't care less if they live or die, if the entire industry dropped dead tomorrow, I'd shrug and find another hobby. They don't care about me so I don't care about them.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4273 Posts

I’m into it for the entertainment. I like Nintendo because they offer a style of gameplay I enjoy. If I learn something from video games, that would be ok, too.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1267 Posts

Why does a 50 year old who made their account practically when I was born have a relevant opinion on today's games

Gaming has changed from the "quarter munchers" days they have new ways to get your money get over it

OP hates business... don't get him started on 'bottled water' 😒 I'm telling you so you don't have to suffer

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

Yes, we are well aware. You're talking to the wrong crowd if you're preaching against being a stan though