Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1038 Posts
@silentchief said:

Lmao! Leftist always want to desperately see things in their worldview and Stan went with it 🤣

That was about LGBQT+.

For Civil Rights he directly said otherwise.

And two years later in 1968, in a Stan’s Soapbox column, Lee made his most explicit statement yet on civil rights and acceptance:

“Let’s lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today,” he wrote in December 1968. “

“I loved that idea,” Lee told the Guardian in 2000, as the first X-Men movie hit theaters. ”It not only made them different, but it was a good metaphor for what was happening with the Civil Rights Movement in the country at that time.”

"It came along the minute I thought of the X-Men and Professor X. I realized that I had that metaphor, which was great. It was given to me as a gift. Cause it made the stories more than just a good guy fighting a bad guy.

He's said it more often than not so I'm going to go with this common sense and direct words from Stan himself. And even if it wasn't, so? It's about overcoming hate, prejudice, and bigotry. Fighting for equal rights, and bigots trying to kill them or make laws against them. At times an apartheid or slave like states of Genosha.

Also, and more importantly, the creator of X-Men 97' goes even further in these progressive statements.

'X-Men '97' Executive Producer Beau DeMayo Reveals Series' Story Is Informed By His Experience As A Black Gay Man.

Anyway, none of this is what makes 97' good. It's the writing, animation, and directing. Not how woke or anti-woke it is.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7043 Posts

@robertos:

That was about LGBQT+.

The second quote was not the first. The first one regarding the civil rights movement reads as follows.

At one point in the interview, Lee said, “Now, take the X-Men. I was just originally trying to get an interesting group of characters with interesting powers and I thought it would make it twice as interesting if the public didn’t really like them that much and if they had a worry about their reception by the outside world.”

He continued, “Little by little I began getting mail saying how great it is that I’m doing these stories about bigotry and the evils of bigotry and so forth and race hatred. And I guess I was doing that, but I was doing it subconsciously. That wasn’t the main purpose.”

It's pretty clear what happened. Stan just wanted to make a story with cool characters and when he was praised for telling these stories that resembled the " civil rights" movement he ran with it but that was never his intention. So the poster that said it was " created to help the civil rights movement " has no clue what he's talking about.

@robertos:

He's said it more often than not so I'm going to go with this common sense and direct words from Stan himself. And even if it wasn't, so? It's about overcoming hate, prejudice, and bigotry. Fighting for equal rights, and bigots trying to kill them or make laws against them. At times an apartheid or slave like states of Genosha.

Also, and more importantly, the creator of X-Men 97' goes even further in these progressive statements.

Overcoming hate and prejudice doesn't make something " woke". That has nothing to do with it. When the right refers to " woke" content it means putting modern leftist ideologies at the center of the experience at the expense of everything else. X-Men 97 doesn't do this. Hate and bigotry is not exclusive to the right. For an example It's young leftist who need a lesson about " Genocide being bad" as they are calling for all out extermination of Jews ( I don't think Magneto would be a fan).

@robertos:

'X-Men '97' Executive Producer Beau DeMayo Reveals Series' Story Is Informed By His Experience As A Black Gay Man.

Thats nice he can say whatever he wants but the reality is as someone who read X-Men all throughout the 90's he is just adapting existing stories from Chris Claremont... and doing it pretty accurately with no extra agenda.... which is why it's actually good. Regardless he's already been fired 🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

They point to failures and say "See? I am vindicated!" why ignoring successes or things no one cares about, all the while saying how little they care about race until an opportunity to care in their way presents itself.

They also seem to believe that these concepts are mutually exclusive, or can't be held together at the same time. You can put forth an agenda and be a authentic or quality. X-Men was quite literally created to aid the civil rights movement of the 1960's, and is one of the most successful comics of all time to the point it can be considered American mythology.

This explains the constant, crippling cognitive dissonance that conservatives and worse experience these days. "No...NO NO NO! This can't be good! They changed this character's race, therefore it serves an agenda I disagree with! ARRRRRRGH MY BRAIN! It's....GOOD?! NO IT CAN"T BE! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!"

It's amazing the lack of basic critical thinking from leftist on this issue or any issue for that matter.

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin. So ironically the Xmen became a part of American mythology because it was created in a way that anyone could relate to it. And ironically enough it's main characters were not at all inspired by the American Civil rights movement. But if alternative facts help you cope have at it.

It's amazing how conservatives can call flops with 95% accuracy and leftist are still blaming Covid. Did it surprise you when the " Little Mermaid flopped " ? Or when the all female ghost Busters tanked? Or when" The Marvels " became the biggest flop in MCU history when conservatives called every one of these and you all continue to deny the reality that's apparent to everyone other than those in complete denial?

El oh el. You don't understand at all the message of the X-Men.

I do actually. It's often seen as an allegory to prejudice. However I'm not sure how that would justify race swapping existing characters are going against established lite which is what we're talking about here.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Silentchief

@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

What's "far right" about asmondgold.

Not him. His viewer base, mods, and story selection. The community.

Cool opinion

Uh huh. Pro-Trump stuff getting thousands of upvotes and anything contesting it getting like 10 upvotes and being piled on. Mostly stories bashing woke nothing burger stuff, and ignoring all right wing terror events where people actually die. Doing videos on Biden verbal gaffs, but ignoring a fucking rape liability. Sure buddy lol.

And any story involving a black or brown person is full of racist AF comments. Can't even quote them here. This just isn't how it used to be in 2017 dude.

I think they even had a Trump vs Biden poll and it was like 80:20.

Think your letting your own political bias getting in the way, not accepting that there is a growing amount of people who think differently from you in politics...

You've already compared asmongolds channel to a Neo nazi forum.. that's a bold claim. Got receipts that show he's running some neo nazi channel?

Or are you just being a pissy lib because you see a community that leans more against biden than it does trump.

Asmondgold is in Texas, shouldn't surprise you.

Alot of Centrist Youtubers are siding with the gamergate 2.0 crowd because leftist game journalists and many developers are bat shit insane. At some point you have to look at reality. A quick social media search on some of the people making games shows these are not well adjusted, normal human beings.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1925 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

I have a common sense centrist apolitical (and correct) approach to this. Normal people care more about quality of the art than the ethnicity and gender of a fictional character. Most of these normal people don't have political brain rot. We know this fact by the varying degree of reviews in movies and tv shows that do this.

A shitty show has race/gender swaps and it does bad. (Rings of Power, Ghost Busters)

A good show has race/gender swaps and it does well. (Avengers, Dune, The Boys, X-Men 97', House of the Dragon, Dead Pool, Loki).

A well written season of show X with race/gender swap does well. A poorly written season of show X with race/gender swap does poorly. (Witcher)

Quality is what matters most, by far. While Fallout didn't swap any characters since it's a new story, it featured a female and black as main characters, with a good dose of anti-capitolism. Some cons totally flipped out over this, but in the end none of that mattered because it was kinda good.

Ella Purnell Dismisses 'Woke' Criticism Surrounding Fallout (gamerant.com)

No you really don't.

The quality of the art always suffers when agenda comes first. It won't necessarily make it bad but it will almost always make it worse. In the case of Rings of Power and Ghost Busters progressive agendas took priority over everything else.

Now lets look at the shows you acknowledge as good.

Avengers had one race swap but considering Nick fury was based off the Ultimate comic version which was released in 2001 I'm not sure if that even counts. Compare that to Eternals where they race/ gender swapped half the cast? It failed miserably.

The original Dune was so terrible outside of the cult following nobody noticed.

The Boys is again a niche limited series that most people simply won't notice.

X-Men 97 doesn't have a single race/gender swap.

House of the Dragon is a good show but the race swaps do effectively make it worse. Seeing black people play the " oldest family" in a fictional European nation really makes no sense and seeing a black family with bleach blonde hair looks ridiculous. They are literally the worst part of the show and really the only thing that's wrong with it. It's simply a bad casting and from a rating perspective it is still know where near as popular as Game of thrones so the audience did seem to have a problem with it.

Deadpool had one minor race swap. Again a bad casting in an otherwise great movie.

This is what leftist do. They put as much agenda driven content as they can get away with and if the movie is still good they will say " see it doesn't matter" ! That attitude is exactly why they tried to get away with shit like " rings of power" , " Little mermaid" " Eternals" " The Marvels" etc... yet when they went all on on progressive agenda the shows tanked miserably because now evem the normies are aware of what's going on.

So what it boils down to is that you simply don't want black people in your favorite shows/movies. Gotcha!

They point to failures and say "See? I am vindicated!" why ignoring successes or things no one cares about, all the while saying how little they care about race until an opportunity to care in their way presents itself.

They also seem to believe that these concepts are mutually exclusive, or can't be held together at the same time. You can put forth an agenda and be a authentic or quality. X-Men was quite literally created to aid the civil rights movement of the 1960's, and is one of the most successful comics of all time to the point it can be considered American mythology.

This explains the constant, crippling cognitive dissonance that conservatives and worse experience these days. "No...NO NO NO! This can't be good! They changed this character's race, therefore it serves an agenda I disagree with! ARRRRRRGH MY BRAIN! It's....GOOD?! NO IT CAN"T BE! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!"

It's amazing the lack of basic critical thinking from leftist on this issue or any issue for that matter.

X-Men were never created to aid the Civil rights movement. But that's a lie you have heard so many times you accept it as fact. Stan lee himself said" it was the furthest thing from his mind" but as time went people were drawing similarities between them and it became an allegory for prejudice. He was tired of coming up with original stories for how characters got their powers so he came up with the concept of Mutants. Up until the early 90's Magneto was just a basic cartoon villan until Chris Claremont took inspiration from Jewish leader Menachem Begin. So ironically the Xmen became a part of American mythology because it was created in a way that anyone could relate to it. And ironically enough it's main characters were not at all inspired by the American Civil rights movement. But if alternative facts help you cope have at it.

It's amazing how conservatives can call flops with 95% accuracy and leftist are still blaming Covid. Did it surprise you when the " Little Mermaid flopped " ? Or when the all female ghost Busters tanked? Or when" The Marvels " became the biggest flop in MCU history when conservatives called every one of these and you all continue to deny the reality that's apparent to everyone other than those in complete denial?

I like how you never argued against your racism... You literally just confirmed that you are a racist.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

Not him. His viewer base, mods, and story selection. The community.

Cool opinion

Uh huh. Pro-Trump stuff getting thousands of upvotes and anything contesting it getting like 10 upvotes and being piled on. Mostly stories bashing woke nothing burger stuff, and ignoring all right wing terror events where people actually die. Doing videos on Biden verbal gaffs, but ignoring a fucking rape liability. Sure buddy lol.

And any story involving a black or brown person is full of racist AF comments. Can't even quote them here. This just isn't how it used to be in 2017 dude.

Think your letting your own political bias getting in the way, not accepting that there is a growing amount of people who think differently from you in politics...

You've already compared asmongolds channel to a Neo nazi forum.. that's a bold claim. Got receipts that show he's running some neo nazi channel?

Or are you just being a pissy lib because you see a community that leans more against biden than it does trump.

Alot of Centrist Youtubers are siding with the gamergate 2.0 crowd because leftist game journalists and many developers are bat shit insane. At some point you have to look at reality. A quick social media search on some of the people making games shows these are not well adjusted, normal human beings.

A lot of you are doing so because you're racist and sexist. You didn't even deny the racism allegation, because you know it's true.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Silentchief

@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Cool opinion

A lot of you are doing so because you're racist and sexist. You didn't even deny the racism allegation, because you know it's true.

We don't deny them because those accusations coming from someone like you means nothing. You have put that label on everyone you disagree with and people like you are just swept aside because you have no basic critical thinking skills. You are just a mindless drone that applies labels to anyone you disagree with.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#108 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

For anyone who's wondering, this is what cancer looks like inside your body.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:

We don't deny them because those accusations coming from someone like you means nothing. You have put that label on everyone you disagree with and people like you are just swept aside because you have no basic critical thinking skills. You are just a mindless drone that applies labels to anyone you disagree with.

I'll respond with quotes from you, then...

The quality of the art always suffers when agenda comes first. It won't necessarily make it bad but it will almost always make it worse. In the case of Rings of Power and Ghost Busters progressive agendas took priority over everything else.

What does agenda even mean???

Now lets look at the shows you acknowledge as good.

Avengers had one race swap but considering Nick fury was based off the Ultimate comic version which was released in 2001 I'm not sure if that even counts. Compare that to Eternals where they race/ gender swapped half the cast? It failed miserably.

Race swapping is an agenda...

The original Dune was so terrible outside of the cult following nobody noticed.

The Boys is again a niche limited series that most people simply won't notice.

X-Men 97 doesn't have a single race/gender swap.

Yet these race swap series were successful (except X-Men 97 which wasn't race swapped).

House of the Dragon is a good show but the race swaps do effectively make it worse. Seeing black people play the " oldest family" in a fictional European nation really makes no sense and seeing a black family with bleach blonde hair looks ridiculous. They are literally the worst part of the show and really the only thing that's wrong with it. It's simply a bad casting and from a rating perspective it is still know where near as popular as Game of thrones so the audience did seem to have a problem with it.

Original black characters is a bad thing, now??? This is where I realized you were racist, like a lot of alt-right fans are. Y'all claim to not want to race swap established characters. And yet...

https://twitter.com/jinkei_bunny/status/1730256718721130518

People started malding. So original characters or race swap, your group hates them all! Therefore, the actual problem isn't race swapping, but it's black people "being in your shows".

Deadpool had one minor race swap. Again a bad casting in an otherwise great movie.

This is what leftist do. They put as much agenda driven content as they can get away with and if the movie is still good they will say " see it doesn't matter" ! That attitude is exactly why they tried to get away with shit like " rings of power" , " Little mermaid" " Eternals" " The Marvels" etc... yet when they went all on on progressive agenda the shows tanked miserably because now evem the normies are aware of what's going on.

Again, agenda is simply black people in movies. And you're malding about The Little Mermaid, when you're not even the target demographic for that movie. Just like y'all were malding over Barbie.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Silentchief

@luxuryheart:

It is, It's a key component of DEI. Race swaps fall under Diversity and inclusion. Media heads don't deny this so why do you? This isn't even a debate anymore.

@luxuryheart:

Yet these race swap series were successful (except X-Men 97 which wasn't race swapped).

Because very few were familiar with the source material. But to say the average person doesn't care is nonsense. If they didn't care " Little Mermaid " would have smashed a billion dollars at the box office. The more iconic the character is the less likely it will be successful.

@luxuryheart:

Original black characters is a bad thing, now??? This is where I realized you were racist, like a lot of alt-right fans are. Y'all claim to not want to race swap established characters. And yet...

People started malding. So original characters or race swap, your group hates them all! Therefore, the actual problem isn't race swapping, but it's black people "being in your shows".

When did I say that? The characters I'm talking about were not original they were race swapped. How does a random tweet prove your point? I don't care if a Japanese creator wants to create black characters.

Again you are showing a complete lack of critical thinking. Let me give you an example. If I'm watching a midevil fantasy show based off European fiction then I would expect most if not all those characters to he white. If that fictional European land looks like modern America with no explanation it comes off as cheap and lazy. Does that mean I hate non white characters? No. It means if you want to show me non white characters in that fictional setting why not put effort into it? Why don't you show me their kingdoms, culture etc instead of just merging them into a European fantasy with no explanation other then( we needed Diversity).

@luxuryheart:

Again, agenda is simply black people in movies. And you're malding about The Little Mermaid, when you're not even the target demographic for that movie. Just like y'all were malding over Barbie.

No it's DEI and again this isn't even debatable. We realize there are certain people who are unable to create anything original so their goal is to essentially race swap every iconic character in existence. When It fails miserably ( and we told you it would) we are called racist? Doesn't matter who the target demographic is because they have gone after stuff that is predominantly geared toward " white men" repeatedly in hopes to go after other demographics which in most cases fails miserably.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#111 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@silentchief: Only fails because racists refuse the property solely due to the race being represented. Only people filled with hate complain about make believe characters being a different skin tone than themselves. Race is nothing but a social construct meant to divide.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

It is, It's a key component of DEI. Race swaps fall under Diversity and inclusion. Media heads don't deny this so why do you? This isn't even a debate anymore.

@luxuryheart:

Because very few were familiar with the source material. But to say the average person doesn't care is nonsense. If they didn't care " Little Mermaid " would have smashed a billion dollars at the box office. The more iconic the character is the less likely it will be successful.

@luxuryheart:

When did I say that? The characters I'm talking about were not original they were race swapped. How does a random tweet prove your point? I don't care if a Japanese creator wants to create black characters.

Again you are showing a complete lack of critical thinking. Let me give you an example. If I'm watching a midevil fantasy show based off European fiction then I would expect most if not all those characters to he white. If that fictional European land looks like modern America with no explanation it comes off as cheap and lazy. Does that mean I hate non white characters? No. It means if you want to show me non white characters in that fictional setting why not put effort into it? Why don't you show me their kingdoms, culture etc instead of just merging them into a European fantasy with no explanation other then( we needed Diversity).

@luxuryheart:

No it's DEI and again this isn't even debatable. We realize there are certain people who are unable to create anything original so their goal is to essentially race swap every iconic character in existence. When It fails miserably ( and we told you it would) we are called racist? Doesn't matter who the target demographic is because they have gone after stuff that is predominantly geared toward " white men" repeatedly in hopes to go after other demographics which in most cases fails miserably.

Once again, why the **** do grown men care about Barbie and The Little Mermaid??? Y'all aren't the target demographic, yet y'all were malding like crazy. Absolute losers to care about stuff that's aimed at little girls.

DEI because it ruins your fantasy genre of no black people. Got it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Silentchief

@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

Once again, why the **** do grown men care about Barbie and The Little Mermaid??? Y'all aren't the target demographic, yet y'all were malding like crazy. Absolute losers to care about stuff that's aimed at little girls.

Why do grown men and women care about injecting bullshit in something they never cared about and making it for them? You don't have the right to be calling anyone losers. You tourist demanded they changed Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and now Warhammer and you never gave a shit about any of them to begin with 🤣.

But but muh Diversity!

You really are a mindless drone.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:

@silentchief: Only fails because racists refuse the property solely due to the race being represented. Only people filled with hate complain about make believe characters being a different skin tone than themselves. Race is nothing but a social construct meant to divide.

Perhaps they should stop pandering to demographics who don't give a shit about the IP's 🤷.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps they should stop pandering to demographics who don't give a shit about the IP's 🤷.

And you know they don't because? And one minority demographic has smaller numbers than the majority.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And you know they don't because? And one minority demographic has smaller numbers than the majority.

Because the IP's are failing miserably.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8367 Posts

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

Why do grown men and women care about injecting bullshit in something they never cared about and making it for them? You don't have the right to be calling anyone losers. You tourist demanded they changed Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and now Warhammer and you never gave a shit about any of them to begin with 🤣.

But but muh Diversity!

Never understood the "why do you even care if it's changed??!"

Obviously there are people that care enough to change source material.

If your going through the effort of changing something.. you care more than the people that want it to stay the same as the original...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I guess you didn't understand what I said.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

But but muh Diversity!

Marvel and DC had woke concepts for a very long time. Star Wars was an allegory for the Vietnam War, and Americans weren't the good guys. Books, shows, comics, movies, etc, have been "woke" for a long time. You just didn't notice it as a kid. Teen Titans was a cartoon from the DC universe, and they tackled racism FFS.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LuxuryHeart
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

But but muh Diversity!

If your going through the effort of changing something.. you care more than the people that want it to stay the same as the original...

Except, the only reason that 30-50 year old men gave AF about The Little Mermaid was simply because it had a black woman. Y'all literally wouldn't care about the movie if someone like Sydney Sweeney was casted. Y'all are just racist.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8367 Posts

@mattarnoldd said:

@sargentd:

I get that you're passionate about Warhammer 40k and have strong feelings about the franchise. Let's try to keep our discussions respectful and open-minded. There's room for all kinds of fans in the 40k universe, and diversity can bring new perspectives to the lore we love. Let's focus on enjoying the stories and battles together.

There are entire factions in WH40k that are entirely woman.. 40k fans don't have issue with women in 40k.. The Sisterhood of war and the sisterhood of silence are armies made of only Women!!

My issue is amazon is pushing gamesworkshop to change lore because they want a woman in a faction of warhammer that's always been to know as a "brotherhood" of only men. I think people really aren't understanding that it's a lore issue, not necessarily a gender one.

There are tons of badass woman in warhammer, but they aren't Custodies, those have always been men. Custodies are made up of Sons who are given up by thier families as babies to become Custodies.

It's lore breaking making custodies chicks.

It would be just as lore breaking, imagine making the show.. and deciding a man was going to be fighting in the sisterhood of silence.. sisterhood of silence doesnt have dudes.. fans of 40k are going to be confused and think it's stupid, amazon is so disconnected from the franchise itself.. they don't realize thier stupid interjection of wanting a female custodie.. doesn't match any source material for nearly 40 years... when they could have just used women characters from other badass factions.. which would have gave them female characters... and they wouldn't have to completely go against the lore..

I

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Silentchief

@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

But but muh Diversity!

Marvel and DC had woke concepts for a very long time. Star Wars was an allegory for the Vietnam War, and Americans weren't the good guys. Books, shows, comics, movies, etc, have been "woke" for a long time. You just didn't notice it as a kid. Teen Titans was a cartoon from the DC universe, and they tackled racism FFS.

Again you don't even understand what people mean by being " woke". Your argument of " well the comic was against war so it's ok if we gender and race swap everyone for DEI purposes.

The leap in logic there doesn't make sense.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Silentchief
@luxuryheart said:
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

But but muh Diversity!

Except, the only reason that 30-50 year old men gave AF about The Little Mermaid was simply because it had a black woman. Y'all literally wouldn't care about the movie if someone like Sydney Sweeney was casted. Y'all are just racist.

And the only reason 30 to 50 year old women gave a shit about Star Wars, Marvel and Warhammer was because it was an opportunity to piss off the people they hate and spread their activism. Now that's what I call a loser.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I guess you didn't understand what I said.

Then what do you mean exactly?

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:

But but muh Diversity!

And the only reason 30 to 50 year old women gave a shit about Star Wars, Marvel and Warhammer was because it was an opportunity to piss off the people they hate and spread their activism. Now that's what I call a loser.

Star Wars was always very popular. No one is liking it to piss people off.

That's literally like saying that Pokemon is only popular because people want to trigger other people.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Overcoming hate and prejudice doesn't make something " woke". That has nothing to do with it. When the right refers to " woke" content it means putting modern leftist ideologies at the center of the experience at the expense of everything else. X-Men 97 doesn't do this.

That is what woke originally was though. X-Men will always be woke by the original definition. It's what the base storyline is about lol.

"Woke" is an adjective that means being aware of and attentive to social issues, especially those related to racial and social justice.

Which is exactly what Stan Lee and the creator of this TV show refer to in multiple interviews, even when not directly invoking the civil rights (which he does on many interviews) they still talk about prejudice and injustice. Multiple times. So I'm going to go with that. As well as the common sense parallels, when characters directly talk about it in the comic or show.

While many of Marvel’s creators might have been personally sympathetic to the Civil Rights struggle, it didn’t really come through in the comics until the late ‘60s, after Lee had spent time with students on the college lecture circuit. Lee and Gene Colan gave us the first African-American superhero, the Falcon, in the pages of June 1969’sCaptain America#117. Two months later, another African-American character, the Prowler, made his debut inAmazing Spider-Man#78, in a story that consciously parallels Spidey’s own origin.

We're not talking about what the right randomly use the term for. They use the term "woke" for everything now. No one cares what they think lol.

• In Winter Haven, DeSantis calls COVID a 'woke virus,' praises Florida (theledger.com)
  • Culture wars: Why social emotional learning is under attack in public schools - Vox
  • Why Do Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Hate Elon Musk’s EVs? - Heatmap News
  • The X-Men "Woke" Controversy Completely Misses The Point Of Marvel's Mutants (screenrant.com)
@silentchief said:

he is just adapting existing stories from Chris Claremont... and doing it pretty accurately with no extra agenda.

There is no agenda. The story is just progressive by nature. Chris called the civil rights metaphors valid. Stan called them intentional, and talked about it in the 60s.

But again, this didn't lead to any backlash. Because it's good. Just like Dune. The Marvels was bad, and it wasn't due to whatever reason you think it was bad for. Same goes for most recent MCU flops. It's literally just down to bad scripts, acting, and directing. Not skin color and sex lol.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Robertos
@uninspiredcup said:

Cavill made 1 good season of Witcher, the other 2 sucked. All of his Super Man movies sucked. Tom Cruise carried him for his one good film he ever was in. I heard his latest movie is also okay, but again probably carried by others.

I'm assuming the obsession is squarely on him being a gamer. The guy has a generally poor track record.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LuxuryHeart

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

Overcoming hate and prejudice doesn't make something " woke". That has nothing to do with it. When the right refers to " woke" content it means putting modern leftist ideologies at the center of the experience at the expense of everything else. X-Men 97 doesn't do this.

That is what woke originally was though. X-Men will always be woke by the original definition. It's what the base storyline is about lol.

"Woke" is an adjective that means being aware of and attentive to social issues, especially those related to racial and social justice.

Which is exactly what Stan Lee and the creator of this TV show refer to in multiple interviews, even when not directly invoking the civil rights (which he does on many interviews) they still talk about prejudice and injustice. Multiple times. So I'm going to go with that. As well as the common sense parallels, when characters directly talk about it in the comic or show.

While many of Marvel’s creators might have been personally sympathetic to the Civil Rights struggle, it didn’t really come through in the comics until the late ‘60s, after Lee had spent time with students on the college lecture circuit. Lee and Gene Colan gave us the first African-American superhero, the Falcon, in the pages of June 1969’sCaptain America#117. Two months later, another African-American character, the Prowler, made his debut inAmazing Spider-Man#78, in a story that consciously parallels Spidey’s own origin.

We're not talking about what the right randomly use the term for. They use the term "woke" for everything now. No one cares what they think lol.

• In Winter Haven, DeSantis calls COVID a 'woke virus,' praises Florida (theledger.com)
  • Culture wars: Why social emotional learning is under attack in public schools - Vox
  • The X-Men "Woke" Controversy Completely Misses The Point Of Marvel's Mutants (screenrant.com)
@silentchief said:

he is just adapting existing stories from Chris Claremont... and doing it pretty accurately with no extra agenda.

There is no agenda. The story is just progressive by nature. Chris called the civil rights metaphors valid. Stan called them intentional, and talked about it in the 60s.

But again, this didn't lead to any backlash. Because it's good. Just like Dune. The Marvels was bad, and it wasn't due to whatever reason you think it was bad for. Same goes for most recent MCU flops. It's literally just down to bad scripts, acting, and directing. Not skin color and sex lol.

Honestly, another show that proves them wrong is Bridgerton. They don't know about it because the anti-woke alt-right didn't jump on it (likely because it is a romance), but they actually race bent several characters. The Duke, Simon, and Lady Danbury were white in the books, but they are black on the show. Kate and Edwina were both white, with Edwina having blonde hair and blue eyes. Both of them are Indian on the show. Marina didn't exist, but she's assumed to be white, but she was black on the show. Sophie, the love interest of Benedict Bridgerton, is rumored to be black. Francesca's love interest is a black man on the show, and he was white in the books. There are several high society background characters who are black and Asian on the show, but they were all presumed to be white in the books. It's literally one of the most successful shows on Netflix.

Ironically, DISNEY, the devil to the anti-woke crowd, actually fumbled that series because they didn't want to give Shonda Rhimes a few more Disney passes. Shonda Rhimes is a black woman that wrote How to Get Away with Murder (a show that I enjoyed watching), Grey's Anatomy (very popular show that's still ongoing), and Scandal (another popular show). Her shows were very popular and made Disney a lot of money, and they had a ton of diversity. How to Get Away with Murder had a black male lead and a black female lead, and Scandal had a black female lead, and her shows were once again very popular. Yet they didn't want to give her some Disney passes, so she went to Netflix and created one of their most popular shows (full of diversity once again).

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LuxuryHeart

@robertos said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Cavill made 1 good season of Witcher, the other 2 sucked. All of his Super Man movies sucked. Tom Cruise carried him for his one good film he ever was in. I heard his latest movie is also okay, but again probably carried by others.

I'm assuming the obsession is squarely on him being a gamer. The guy has a generally poor track record.

I will say that Henry Cavill was actually perfectly cast for The Witcher. He really fits the character of Geralt that's good looking, but also surly, tough, and quiet. A lot of people somewhat like him because he was actually the guy who called out the bad writing of The Witcher later on. Same with Jenna Ortega in Wednesday on Netflix. People on Twitter used them as examples of people who care more about the source material than the writers on the team.

I don't know why the alt-right is so obsessed with him though. Perhaps it's because he's a white guy that was done wrong. Superman did do him dirty by casting another guy behind his back. The Witcher fucked up by having bad writing later on, to the point where he even had to call them out. And I didn't follow this Amazon drama, so who knows. I just remembered being happy that he got casted after the drama of The Witcher and Superman.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Silentchief
@luxuryheart said:
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:

@silentchief said:

Honestly, another show that proves them wrong is Bridgerton. They don't know about it because the anti-woke alt-right didn't jump on it (likely because it is a romance), but they actually race bent several characters. The Duke, Simon, and Lady Danbury were white in the books, but they are black on the show. Kate and Edwina were both white, with Edwina having blonde hair and blue eyes. Both of them are Indian on the show. Marina didn't exist, but she's assumed to be white, but she was black on the show. Sophie, the love interest of Benedict Bridgerton, is rumored to be black. Francesca's love interest is a black man on the show, and he was white in the books. There are several high society background characters who are black and Asian on the show, but they were all presumed to be white in the books. It's literally one of the most successful shows on Netflix.

Ironically, DISNEY, the devil to the anti-woke crowd, actually fumbled that series because they didn't want to give Shonda Rhimes a few more Disney passes. Shonda Rhimes is a black woman that wrote How to Get Away with Murder (a show that I enjoyed watching), Grey's Anatomy (very popular show that's still ongoing), and Scandal (another popular show). Her shows were very popular and made Disney a lot of money, and they had a ton of diversity. How to Get Away with Murder had a black male lead and a black female lead, and Scandal had a black female lead, and her shows were once again very popular. Yet they didn't want to give her some Disney passes, so she went to Netflix and created one of their most popular shows (full of diversity once again).

Bridgestone doesn't prove anyone wrong. It is trash and they straight up race swapped characters based off historical figures because the left has proven their main goal is to swap out as many white people as possible. It did fine because the vast majority of its audience are women and women statistically lean left. The right didn't talk about it much because it wasn't made for us and honestly we don't care. But this is a show that appeals to the sane demographic that watches " Real housewives of Atlanta " and other trash tv.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Silentchief

@robertos:

No it isn't. It's base story is about original characters with cool and unique powers.

@robertos

They use it to call out entertainment that panders to ridiculous modern leftist ideologies. People should care because they have been calling out failures with 95% accuracy. While leftist shills were praising " Rings of power" we told you it would fail miserably..... it did.

@robertos

You denying agendas exist in entertainment is laughable . " The Marvels" failed because they don't know their core demographic and are pandering to an audience that could give two shits about super hero movies.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:

Bridgestone doesn't prove anyone wrong. It is trash and they straight up race swapped characters based off historical figures because the left has proven their main goal is to swap out as many white people as possible. It did fine because the vast majority of its audience are women and women statistically lean left. The right didn't talk about it much because it wasn't made for us and honestly we don't care. But this is a show that appeals to the sane demographic that watches " Real housewives of Atlanta " and other trash tv.

This excuse doesn't really work considering that y'all jumped on The Little Mermaid, and that's not aimed at y'all. Y'all tried to jump on Barbie, until it made over a billion at the box office.

I think Bridgerton is the same case with Barbie and the successful series mentioned here. Y'all didn't jump on it because it goes against the "go woke, go broke" agenda that y'all push.

@silentchief said:

@robertos:

No it isn't. It's base story is about original characters with cool and unique powers.

@robertos

They use it to call out entertainment that panders to ridiculous modern leftist ideologies. People should care because they have been calling out failures with 95% accuracy. While leftist shills were praising " Rings of power" we told you it would fail miserably..... it did.

@robertos

You denying agendas exist in entertainment is laughable . " The Marvels" failed because they don't know their core demographic and are pandering to an audience that could give two shits about super hero movies.

Y'all aren't accurate at all. Y'all tried to call out Mario and Barbie, but y'all were wrong. The Boys race swapped and gender swapped several characters, and it's one of Amazon's most popular shows. Bridgerton race swapped several characters and it's one of Netflix's most successful shows. Wednesday on Netflix is probably one of, if not THE most popular show on Netflix, and it swapped from the original European characters to Mexican characters. Plus, the other series mentioned here. According to the alt-right, they should all flop because of the "go woke, go broke" mantra, but that simply didn't happen.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Silentchief

@luxuryheart:

This excuse doesn't really work considering that y'all jumped on The Little Mermaid, and that's not aimed at y'all. Y'all tried to jump on Barbie, until it made over a billion at the box office.

I think Bridgerton is the same case with Barbie and the successful series mentioned here. Y'all didn't jump on it because it goes against the "go woke, go broke" agenda that y'all push.

They jumped on the little mermaid because every millenial boy and girl grew up with the original. Ariel is an iconic character and they simply called out the blatant agenda and that it would cause the movie to fail. It did by the way losing Disney about 50 million dollars in a year they lost nearly a billion at the box office.

No it isn't. Something can be obnoxiously woke and successful but it needs to go after the right Demographic. Something that appeals to men specifically white men will generally fail miserably when trying to change things that have largely appealed to them in the past.. StarWars, Marvel, DC , LotR, 40k etc.. they are trying to expand these properties to and grow their female audience and it has failed miserably.

@luxuryheart:

Y'all aren't accurate at all. Y'all tried to call out Mario and Barbie, but y'all were wrong. The Boys race swapped and gender swapped several characters, and it's one of Amazon's most popular shows. Bridgerton race swapped several characters and it's one of Netflix's most successful shows. Wednesday on Netflix is probably one of, if not THE most popular show on Netflix, and it swapped from the original European characters to Mexican characters. Plus, the other series mentioned here. According to the alt-right, they should all flop because of the "go woke, go broke" mantra, but that simply didn't happen.

The right wingers ended up loving Mario because it kept agenda out of the movie. Their was concern about girl boss Peach in the trailer but once the movie came out they all loved it and everyone predicted it would be a hit. You are grasping for straws on this one.

Nobody knew wtf " The Boys" was. It was a niche well regarded independent comic. Most the people who have seen the boys have no knowledge of the source material.

Bridgerton is made for the same women who watch real housewives of Atlanta and other trash tv..woke can work when the core audience is women.

Wtf are you talking about? The Adam's family Gomez was played by Puerto Rican actor Ralph Julia in the 90s. The family is supposed to be of Spanish descent.

Let's look at what they called

Little Mermaid ( Flop) Indiana Jones and the dial of Destiny ( flop) The Marvels( massive flop) The Eternals ( Flop) She Hulk ( flop) Echo ( flop) Rings of power ( Flop), Willow( flop)... . Do we need to keep going?

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

They jumped on the little mermaid because every millenial boy and girl grew up with the original. Ariel is an iconic character and they simply called out the blatant agenda and that it would cause the movie to fail. It did by the way losing Disney about 50 million dollars in a year they lost nearly a billion at the box office.

No it isn't. Something can be obnoxiously woke and successful but it needs to go after the right Demographic. Something that appeals to men specifically white men will generally fail miserably when trying to change things that have largely appealed to them in the past.. StarWars, Marvel, DC , LotR, 40k etc.. they are trying to expand these properties to and grow their female audience and it has failed miserably.

@luxuryheart:

The right wingers ended up loving Mario because it kept agenda out of the movie. Their was concern about girl boss Peach in the trailer but once the movie came out they all loved it and everyone predicted it would be a hit. You are grasping for straws on this one.

Nobody knew wtf " The Boys" was. It was a niche well regarded independent comic. Most the people who have seen the boys have no knowledge of the source material.

Bridgerton is made for the same women who watch real housewives of Atlanta and other trash tv..woke can work when the core audience is women.

Wtf are you talking about? The Adam's family Gomez was played by Puerto Rican actor Ralph Julia in the 90s. The family is supposed to be of Spanish descent.

Little Mermaid ( Flop) Indiana Jones and the dial of Destiny ( flop) The Marvels( massive flop) The Eternals ( Flop) She Hulk ( flop) Echo ( flop) Rings of power ( Flop), Willow( flop)... . Do we need to keep going?

Little Boys didn't care for The Little Mermaid when we were growing up, stop lying. Most of the boys when I was growing up, was into Toy Story, The Lion King, Jungle Book, Shrek, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc. Boys weren't really excited for The Little Mermaid. That was mostly a request from girls. Also, Marvel, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc., always had a female audience. I saw a million Lord of the Rings gay fanfiction to know that's a lie.

No, it still had Girlboss Peach. Y'all just miraculously flipped sides when it crossed that billion dollar mark. 😂

But according to y'all, all woke agenda stories should flop...

Barbie and The Little Mermaid has a core audience of women, so... Try again!

The family is supposed to be of Spanish decent, from SPAIN. AKA, EUROPE! The changed it in the later adaptions, and they were successful. You literally proved my point correct, because you enjoyed when they deviated.

She Hulk was a woman in th source and they didn't race bend or genderbend anything. Might as well call Barbie woke for having a female character, people of color, and even transpeople. Oh wait! It's not woke because it made over a billion dollars!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Robertos

Dune, Dead Pool, The Boys, Avengers, X-Men 97', Invincible, Fallout, Prey, etc.

These, among several others, prove none of this race swapping, gender swapping, or progressive themes in fiction effect actual quality. People just want a good writing, directing, and acting. A female Stormfront or black Chani didn't harm reviews and scores. This kind of casting or being based off of progressive values is usually never the reason something is poorly received, or is actually bad.

Did The Marvels even race or gender swap anyone? I have not watched that trash, but it all seemed lore accurate from the trailers. Going by most reviews, it seems like the movie was bad because of what would regularly make a movie bad. Not some weird overly political conspiracy theory. Some people really have to take off the political glasses and just use common sense sometimes.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LuxuryHeart
@robertos said:

These, among several others, prove none of this race swapping, gender swapping, or progressive themes in fiction effect actual quality. People just want a good writing, directing, and acting. A female Stormfront or black Chani didn't harm reviews and scores. This kind of casting or being based off of progressive values is usually never the reason something is poorly received, or is actually bad.

Did The Marvels even race or gender swap anyone? I have not watched that trash, but it all seemed lore accurate from the trailers. Going by most reviews, it seems like the movie was bad because of what would regularly make a movie bad. Not some weird overly political conspiracy theory. Some people really have to take off the political glasses and just use common sense sometimes.

They really want us to go back to the times when we were excited for Tyler Perry movies, because Hollywood just simply didn't really fund movies for us.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#138 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@robertos said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I will say that Henry Cavill was actually perfectly cast for The Witcher. He really fits the character of Geralt that's good looking, but also surly, tough, and quiet. A lot of people somewhat like him because he was actually the guy who called out the bad writing of The Witcher later on. Same with Jenna Ortega in Wednesday on Netflix. People on Twitter used them as examples of people who care more about the source material than the writers on the team.

I don't know why the alt-right is so obsessed with him though. Perhaps it's because he's a white guy that was done wrong. Superman did do him dirty by casting another guy behind his back. The Witcher fucked up by having bad writing later on, to the point where he even had to call them out. And I didn't follow this Amazon drama, so who knows. I just remembered being happy that he got casted after the drama of The Witcher and Superman.

He seems like a nice fellow in general. It seems these weird, right wing assholes are "he's just like me!" projection for him as their new ideological god when suspect he'd probably be quite repulsed by them.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Silentchief
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

Little Boys didn't care for The Little Mermaid when we were growing up, stop lying. Most of the boys when I was growing up, was into Toy Story, The Lion King, Jungle Book, Shrek, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc. Boys weren't really excited for The Little Mermaid. That was mostly a request from girls. Also, Marvel, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc., always had a female audience. I saw a million Lord of the Rings gay fanfiction to know that's a lie.

No, it still had Girlboss Peach. Y'all just miraculously flipped sides when it crossed that billion dollar mark. 😂

The family is supposed to be of Spanish decent, from SPAIN. AKA, EUROPE! The changed it in the later adaptions, and they were successful. You literally proved my point correct, because you enjoyed when they deviated.

She Hulk was a woman in th source and they didn't race bend or genderbend anything. Might as well call Barbie woke for having a female character, people of color, and even transpeople. Oh wait! It's not woke because it made over a billion dollars!

How old are you? The Little Mermaid released during the golden of age of Disney animation. Every movie that released during that time was a hit. If you were alive when it hit theaters you watched it... Your claim of seeing " millions of gay fanfiction " in regards to LotR and Star Wars doesn't really prove any point. The theater receipts show otherwise. In a survey done in 2019 % 89.1 % of Star Wars fans identifie as Male. The percent of people involved in fanfiction is miniscule and not enough to support a multi billion dollar IP.

No they changed their toon as soon as they saw the movie. Peach got her ass handed to her and was saved by Mario and Luigi. Just like the games.

Well they do often. Barbie didn't flop because it was excellent cast and knew it's Demographic. The race swapped Little Mermaid however did flop losing about 50 million dollars and that was mainly due to bad casting.

Here is what Gomez looked like in the original 1940 comics.

That look like European descent to you? My mom was literally born in Spain and no he doesn't look like a European Spaniard. This example on your part was a massive failure. They were only portrayed as European in the 1964 tv show. In the 90s they mixed it up and the recent Netflix adaption is actually more accurate to the source material.

She Hulk wasn't "woke" because she was a women it was criticized because they completely changed her character. They essentially turned her into an obnoxious activist and wrote her far different then they did in the comics. They also had her out Hulking Hulk. Regardless the show was a miserable failure.

Barbie was woke but it pandered to young women which is a good demographic ro produce woke content for. It fails miserably when the IP appeals to men.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Silentchief
@uninspiredcup said:
@luxuryheart said:
@robertos said:
@uninspiredcup said:

He seems like a nice fellow in general. It seems these weird, right wing assholes are "he's just like me!" projection for him as their new ideological god when suspect he'd probably be quite repulsed by them.

Well he did use to bang Gina Carano. I would think obnoxious leftist are probably more of a problem for him since that's who he actually has to deal with at work.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Silentchief
@robertos said:

Your examples feature minor characters being race swapped, niche source material or no race swapps at all.

Little Mermaid, Rings of Power, Fantastic Four, Eternals, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, The Marvels, prove it fails miserably.

Quality is subjective it's why despite failing miserably " Rings of Power" got great reviews from pro critics.

Yep. "The Marvels" race and gender swapped the main villain. It also focused on heroes nobody gives a shit about.

Speaking of using common sense do you think a Batman movie with a black Bruce Wayne would be successful?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:

Little Mermaid, Rings of Power, Fantastic Four, Eternals, She Hulk, Ms Marvel, The Marvels, prove it fails miserably.

Dune, Dead Pool, The Boys, The Batman, Avengers, X-Men 97', Invincible, Fallout, Prey, etc. prove this isn't why it fails. Race and gender swaps often don't impact quality.

Reviews of both sets of films show something else being the major driving factor. That being writing, acting, and directing. As most sane humans understand it.

@silentchief said:

Yep. "The Marvels" race and gender swapped the main villain.

The race/gender changes in the examples I gave were major characters. The example you just gave for The Marvels was a niche source material character I had never even heard of. I'm not ware of any race swaps in Rings of Power of She Hulk. The notion that The Marvels was bad due to a niche character next to no one has heard of being gender swapped is ludicrous. It was bad the movie was bad, as reviews show.

This falls squarely on the writing and directing. Common sense. Occam's Razor.

@silentchiefF said:

Speaking of using common sense do you think a Batman movie with a black Bruce Wayne would be successful?

Well a black Jim Gordon had a very successful Batman film. Way better flick than all of the movies with Ben Asslick. When it comes to a well established main character with such cultural significance as Batman, yes it might effect the quality and outlook. Which is why I'm saying most of the time and usually. However if the black Batman film was actually fucking good, no one would care in the end tbh. The needless outrage would be hilarious though.

IE: A black Galadriel would have been possibly problematic. But the current blonde white actress had wooden acting so who cares, which is why TRoP has some mixed reviews (albeit better than expected).

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

How old are you? The Little Mermaid released during the golden of age of Disney animation. Every movie that released during that time was a hit. If you were alive when it hit theaters you watched it... Your claim of seeing " millions of gay fanfiction " in regards to LotR and Star Wars doesn't really prove any point. The theater receipts show otherwise. In a survey done in 2019 % 89.1 % of Star Wars fans identifie as Male. The percent of people involved in fanfiction is miniscule and not enough to support a multi billion dollar IP.

No they changed their toon as soon as they saw the movie. Peach got her ass handed to her and was saved by Mario and Luigi. Just like the games.

Well they do often. Barbie didn't flop because it was excellent cast and knew it's Demographic. The race swapped Little Mermaid however did flop losing about 50 million dollars and that was mainly due to bad casting.

That look like European descent to you? My mom was literally born in Spain and no he doesn't look like a European Spaniard. This example on your part was a massive failure. They were only portrayed as European in the 1964 tv show. In the 90s they mixed it up and the recent Netflix adaption is actually more accurate to the source material.

She Hulk wasn't "woke" because she was a women it was criticized because they completely changed her character. They essentially turned her into an obnoxious activist and wrote her far different then they did in the comics. They also had her out Hulking Hulk. Regardless the show was a miserable failure.

Barbie was woke but it pandered to young women which is a good demographic ro produce woke content for. It fails miserably when the IP appeals to men.

Most boys weren't checking for The Little Mermaid. Back during the times when the teacher would ask what movie we wanted to watch, most boys tended to pick Shrek, Toy Story, Lion King, Jungle Book, etc. No boy wanted The Little Mermaid. You're trying to act like boys wanted to watch a mermaid, simply to justify the hypocrisy of the alt-right.

Online surveys aren't accurate. Plenty of women write fanfiction stories, draw fanarts, and cosplay at conventions.

Barbie has the same audience as The Little Mermaid. Barbie was unironically more woke since he had a Barbie of every color, a white man being jealous of an Asian man, and a trans Barbie. Y'all even memed the trans Barbie until the movie was a success. If The Little Mermaid had made over a billion at the box office, y'all would've twisted yourself into a pretzel about how it actually wasn't woke.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@luxuryheart said:

Barbie has the same audience as The Little Mermaid. Barbie was unironically more woke since he had a Barbie of every color, a white man being jealous of an Asian man, and a trans Barbie. Y'all even memed the trans Barbie until the movie was a success. If The Little Mermaid had made over a billion at the box office, y'all would've twisted yourself into a pretzel about how it actually wasn't woke.

Actually Mattel makes Barbie of every race so this isn't something new.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Silentchief
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

Most boys weren't checking for The Little Mermaid. Back during the times when the teacher would ask what movie we wanted to watch, most boys tended to pick Shrek, Toy Story, Lion King, Jungle Book, etc. No boy wanted The Little Mermaid. You're trying to act like boys wanted to watch a mermaid, simply to justify the hypocrisy of the alt-right.

Online surveys aren't accurate. Plenty of women write fanfiction stories, draw fanarts, and cosplay at conventions.

You don't know because you're probably much younger. When they turned on Little Mermaid in school for us Shrek wasn't even out. Was I going to watch the remake as a middle aged man? No. But the cartoon was a classic and every kid who grew up in the late 80's early 90's loved it.

That's fine but there is not enough of them to make a movie with a 250 million dollar budget successful at the box office. Men and boys ultimately decide if those IP's are successful.

No it wasn't. They have had Barbies of different races for decades. Black people existing isn't " Woke".

" Woke" is pushing modern leftist ideologies at the expense of everything else. The trans Barbie was woke but it was a minor character that most people didn't notice. And you are lying to yourself. I've acknowledged Barbie was " woke" mostly for its stance on Feminism but regardless it was successful because it knew it's audience. Don't lie to yourself though. Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie carried the movie. You think if Asian Ken and Trans Barbie were the leads it would crack a billion dollars 🤣? They shoved that shit in there because the Demographic it panders to will let it slide but not even an audience of 80% women would have watched it if they were the leads.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Silentchief

@robertos:

Dune, Dead Pool, The Boys, The Batman, Avengers, X-Men 97', Invincible, Fallout, Prey, etc. prove this isn't why it fails. Race and gender swaps often don't impact quality.

Reviews of both sets of films show something else being the major driving factor. That being writing, acting, and directing. As most sane humans understand it.

Your examples feature minor characters being race swapped, niche source material or no race swapps at all.

Reviews said " Rings of Power" was amazing and it failed miserably ( we told you it would) and you conveintantly keep ignoring this.

@robertos:

The race/gender changes in the examples I gave were major characters. The example you just gave for The Marvels was a niche source material character I had never even heard of. I'm not ware of any race swaps in Rings of Power of She Hulk. The notion that The Marvels was bad due to a niche character next to no one has heard of being gender swapped is ludicrous. It was bad the movie was bad, as reviews show.

Lol no they weren't. Who was race swapped in Deadpool other then Domino who was in the movie for 10 minutes? Who was race swapped at all in Fallout, Prey and Xmen 97? The only point you have in any of your examples is " The Batman " and it's still a Batman movie that did significantly worse then ones that came out 10 years prior and it failed to crack the billion dollar mark at a time when superhero movies were routinely doing it.

@robertos:

When it comes to a well established main character with such cultural significance as Batman, yes it might effect the quality and outlook.

So why the **** are you arguing with me when thats exactly what I'm saying?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

@robertos said:
@palasta said:
@robertos said:

Because it doesn't go against decades of established lore, braking it.

Sure it does. Seven decades, changed the race of the main character's father. Changed the race of the main character's love interest. Changed the entire look of Harkonnen, an entire clan (probably most similiar to this 40K fiasco). No one cared, because they aren't weirdos.

@palasta said:

"psychotically political" is a fitting term for the radical ideologues you defend so feverishly.

Ah yes. Merely telling you most people don't care about race/sex changes in fictional media (they don't) and that most people aren't this hyper political.....is psychotic? Not the people hopelessly crying and whining like a little kids over race/sex changes in fictional media?

Lol.

No, it doesn't. There is an explicit reason why there are no female space marines/custodes. There is a reason why the Salamanders are black skinned. There is no objection to change when it is reasonable and authentic. Did this possibility ever cross your little mind? Who else are you calling weirdos, nerds, losers, incels... etc. StarWars fans, LotR fans, He Man, Scooby Doo, Dr. Who, Marvel/DC, aso asf. Guess what, I don't care for any of these in particular.

Who is crying and whining about race/sex in fictional media, insisting on diversity and inclusivity without exception, even make it mandatory (BAFTA)? Yes, the weirdos (your own words) you're fighting for tooth and nail.

This weirdo, a "politically psychotic loser ideologue", cares a lot, the Sweet Baby Inc. CEO,

Loading Video...

Most interesting part 25:25:

"If they don't see the value ... just terrify them with the possibility what's gonna happen if they don't give you what you want."

"There is like a genuine value that you could impress upon them with both... uhm... ethically and financially"

"Ethically and financially"...

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/1/23620217/final-fantasy-xvi-diversity-naoki-yoshida-interview

Your hypocrisy becomes ever more blatant. When people like me, belonging to a minority with no political motive and universally against any "loser ideology" (not limited to "you guys"), cries and whines about politically motivated alterations in fictional media that's weird and psychotic... "politcally psyochotic". When radical ideologues do it, that's A-OK, that's normal... socially adjusted.

But the thing is, this is not limited to fictional media. Bad enough that your beloved US-leftist inject themselves into everything entertainment and art. Education, language, science, history, academia, sports ... everything is impacted. Nextflix Cleopatra or The Women King, or this guy here, vomiting a whole stream of historical incorrectnes.

Loading Video...

A "professor", meaning he is teaching this crap.

Writing, narrative development, character design... why do you think companies like WB, Microsoft, Sony, EA etc hire organisations like Sweet Baby Inc. or individuals like Anita Sarkissian. Because they can't move the slider from ivory to ebony here and there?

Or FightClub being "a critique of toxic masculinity".

It’s been more than 20 years since Chuck Palahniuk first unleashedFight Clubon the world and simultaneously inspired legions of impressionable young men and appalled their parents. But the themes Palahniuk explored in that book — the emasculation of late-capitalism and the creeping sense of worthlessness and dread that accompanies it — seems more relevant now than it did even back then. Modern men find themselves in a precarious position, where masculinity itself is being (justifiably) re-evaluated, and in some cases, derided as the source of all society’s ills. And many of them are facing the troubling realization that they will never be as successful as their parents.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/a-conversation-with-chuck-palahniuk-the-author-of-fight-club-and-the-man-behind-tyler-durden-2

The danger of ideological BS in your simple minds. The world is oversimplified and the larger picture, the real issue, completely eludes you.

Loading Video...

Of course i don't expect you to actually educate yourself. You'll stay in your little sphere and play your game of ignorance. "Look behind you, something orange!"

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LuxuryHeart

@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:

@luxuryheart:

@luxuryheart:

You don't know because you're probably much younger. When they turned on Little Mermaid in school for us Shrek wasn't even out. Was I going to watch the remake as a middle aged man? No. But the cartoon was a classic and every kid who grew up in the late 80's early 90's loved it.

That's fine but there is not enough of them to make a movie with a 250 million dollar budget successful at the box office. Men and boys ultimately decide if those IP's are successful.

No it wasn't. They have had Barbies of different races for decades. Black people existing isn't " Woke".

" Woke" is pushing modern leftist ideologies at the expense of everything else. The trans Barbie was woke but it was a minor character that most people didn't notice. And you are lying to yourself. I've acknowledged Barbie was " woke" mostly for its stance on Feminism but regardless it was successful because it knew it's audience. Don't lie to yourself though. Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie carried the movie. You think if Asian Ken and Trans Barbie were the leads it would crack a billion dollars 🤣? They shoved that shit in there because the Demographic it panders to will let it slide but not even an audience of 80% women would have watched it if they were the leads.

Little boys were unironically interested in a female mermaid? Yeah, stop the fucking cap... It was simply not a favorite of boys when I was growing up. Y'all are literally pretending to like it now, just to spread an agenda...

Black people existing isn't woke, except y'all said that a black mermaid is woke...

The Little Mermaid didn't push any leftist or woke ideology... It wasn't even woke at all. A girl literally gives up her home, her voice, and leaves behind her family for a man. The man has to... Well, he just has to deal with an attractive woman not talking for a bit, and then he gets to travel the world (which was his ultimate goal). That movie is anti-woke when you actually break it down... It even has a white man being a 'culture vulture'. Yet, this movie is the definition of woke, simply because black mermaid.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Silentchief

@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:
@silentchief said:
@luxuryheart said:

Little boys were unironically interested in a female mermaid? Yeah, stop the fucking cap... It was simply not a favorite of boys when I was growing up. Y'all are literally pretending to like it now, just to spread an agenda...

Black people existing isn't woke, except y'all said that a black mermaid is woke...

The Little Mermaid didn't push any leftist or woke ideology... It wasn't even woke at all. A girl literally gives up her home, her voice, and leaves behind her family for a man. The man has to... Well, he just has to deal with an attractive woman not talking for a bit, and then he gets to travel the world (which was his ultimate goal). That movie is anti-woke when you actually break it down... It even has a white man being a 'culture vulture'. Yet, this movie is the definition of woke, simply because black mermaid.

I'm just telling you it was a classic movie that many kids both boys and girls enjoyed in the late 80's and early 90's and unless you grew up during that time you can't really speak on it.

It wasn't that it was a black Mermaid it was that it was a black Ariel.

Yes it did. It race swapped a character for the sole purpose of Diversity and inclusion and then from my understanding had the movie rewritten where she actually saves him( girl boss bullshit) pushed in the name of Equity. You are proving you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Silentchief
@palasta said:
@robertos said:
@palasta said:
@robertos said:

Because it doesn't go against decades of established lore, braking it.

Sure it does. Seven decades, changed the race of the main character's father. Changed the race of the main character's love interest. Changed the entire look of Harkonnen, an entire clan (probably most similiar to this 40K fiasco). No one cared, because they aren't weirdos.

@palasta said:

"psychotically political" is a fitting term for the radical ideologues you defend so feverishly.

Ah yes. Merely telling you most people don't care about race/sex changes in fictional media (they don't) and that most people aren't this hyper political.....is psychotic? Not the people hopelessly crying and whining like a little kids over race/sex changes in fictional media?

Lol.

No, it doesn't. There is an explicit reason why there are no female space marines/custodes. There is a reason why the Salamanders are black skinned. There is no objection to change when it is reasonable and authentic. Did this possibility ever cross your little mind? Who else are you calling weirdos, nerds, losers, incels... etc. StarWars fans, LotR fans, He Man, Scooby Doo, Dr. Who, Marvel/DC, aso asf. Guess what, I don't care for any of these in particular.

Who is crying and whining about race/sex in fictional media, insisting on diversity and inclusivity without exception, even make it mandatory (BAFTA)? Yes, the weirdos (your own words) you're fighting for tooth and nail.

This weirdo, a "politically psychotic loser ideologue", cares a lot, the Sweet Baby Inc. CEO,

Loading Video...

Most interesting part 25:25:

"If they don't see the value ... just terrify them with the possibility what's gonna happen if they don't give you what you want."

"There is like a genuine value that you could impress upon them with both... uhm... ethically and financially"

"Ethically and financially"...

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/1/23620217/final-fantasy-xvi-diversity-naoki-yoshida-interview

Your hypocrisy becomes ever more blatant. When people like me, belonging to a minority with no political motive and universally against any "loser ideology" (not limited to "you guys"), cries and whines about politically motivated alterations in fictional media that's weird and psychotic... "politcally psyochotic". When radical ideologues do it, that's A-OK, that's normal... socially adjusted.

But the thing is, this is not limited to fictional media. Bad enough that your beloved US-leftist inject themselves into everything entertainment and art. Education, language, science, history, academia, sports ... everything is impacted. Nextflix Cleopatra or The Women King, or this guy here, vomiting a whole stream of historical incorrectnes.

Loading Video...

A "professor", meaning he is teaching this crap.

Writing, narrative development, character design... why do you think companies like WB, Microsoft, Sony, EA etc hire organisations like Sweet Baby Inc. or individuals like Anita Sarkissian. Because they can't move the slider from ivory to ebony here and there?

Or FightClub being "a critique of toxic masculinity".

It’s been more than 20 years since Chuck Palahniuk first unleashedFight Clubon the world and simultaneously inspired legions of impressionable young men and appalled their parents. But the themes Palahniuk explored in that book — the emasculation of late-capitalism and the creeping sense of worthlessness and dread that accompanies it — seems more relevant now than it did even back then. Modern men find themselves in a precarious position, where masculinity itself is being (justifiably) re-evaluated, and in some cases, derided as the source of all society’s ills. And many of them are facing the troubling realization that they will never be as successful as their parents.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/a-conversation-with-chuck-palahniuk-the-author-of-fight-club-and-the-man-behind-tyler-durden-2

The danger of ideological BS in your simple minds. The world is oversimplified and the larger picture, the real issue, completely eludes you.

Loading Video...

Of course i don't expect you to actually educate yourself. You'll stay in your little sphere and play your game of ignorance. "Look behind you, something orange!"

Whoa! Zaryia just got took took to the woodshed.