Done building my zoo - found nothing more to do...

User Rating: 7.1 | Zoo Tycoon 2 PC
One thing to say, Zoo Tycoon 2 give you the chance to build the "zoo" of your dreams, however, you can do only a little in it! Since, I'm really attracted to Tycoon games, and I played the first version of Zoo Tycoon, I didn't think twice before getting Zoo Tycoon 2. I enjoy playing the game (at least till now!). The thing I mostly enjoy in tycoon games is the Sandbox mode, this is the mode where you really can build the zoo of your dreams since you get an unlimited sum of money! But when I was finished building and designing the zoo the way I like, I found out that I had almost nothing more to do in my zoo other then watching my guests discovering the different areas in the zoo, reading their compliments, adding the little details I forgot to add when building the zoo, seeing my animals playing, maitting and giving birth every single minute (!) and then complaining about the small place in their exhibits which the thing I mostly hate since I need to make the exhibit bigger and this will affect almost the whole design of my zoo, and other small details that you will get bored of just after less than an hour or two! On the other hand, you can always choose the Challenge/Campaign modes in which you need to fulfill objectives in order to advance in through the different levels! BUT, in the challenge mood you'll never get the zoo of your dreams that fast, this happens just after you complete all the objectives and the levels (which is nor pretty hard)! Lack of animals' species: When I had to choose the land that I'm going to build my zoo on, I chose the largest land available since I thought that I'll have lots of animals to add to my zoo, but after completing my zoo, I was surprised to see that I have half of the land totally empty, I tried adding restaurents, gift shops but this didn't take much space at all! So I really think there is a lack of animals' species in the game! WE NEED MORE ANIMALS! Graphics: The 3RD graphics in the game are good, you see the animals well and the zoo view, in general looks just fine, however when you zoom to see bigger details, the graphics are not that good! You can switch to the guest mode so you can view the zoo like your guests do (I found it really cool!). The performance in the game is very bad! LONG loading times and a game that freezes for seconds and comes back!!! Sounds: The sounds in the game are not that good! The music tracks are fine, however if your zoo in new and doesn't contain lots of visitors, you can really feel the silence...!!! Zoo Tycoon 2 is a good game and makes a fine sequel for its original version, but it needs much more enhancements considering that its a 3RD graphics tycoon game from the new age!