Are the aliens hidden when not seen by soldiers?

#1 Posted by okunote83 (25 posts) -
This was a big part of the original that really made the turn-based part of the game so intense for me. So far in all the preview videos it seems all the enemies are shown on the map whether or not they are in a soldiers field of vision. Does anyone know if this is going to be an option that can be toggled on or off? Also I wonder what they have done with the music and whether or not it resembles that pulsating beat that really freaked me out when playing the original. Thanks!
#2 Posted by nailfoot (2378 posts) -

This was a big part of the original that really made the turn-based part of the game so intense for me. So far in all the preview videos it seems all the enemies are shown on the map whether or not they are in a soldiers field of vision. Does anyone know if this is going to be an option that can be toggled on or off? Also I wonder what they have done with the music and whether or not it resembles that pulsating beat that really freaked me out when playing the original. Thanks!okunote83

The music I don't know about. But in the 2 hour play now video it appears the enemies that are in fog of war are not known about.

#3 Posted by pbriga (26 posts) -

I played the demo and the aliens were invisible if not seen by soldiers. As to the music, yes I think it changes when an enemy is spotted.

You can get the demo on Steam. There is only one mission but it gives you the flavour of the real games..

10 days... can't wait!

#4 Posted by ChickenHawk07 (486 posts) -

The Fog of war is fully functional in the full game. Enemies which are unseen due to Fog of war are kept unseen until Fog is lifted. 

#5 Posted by i_am_button (41 posts) -

Fog of war is essentially the same as it was in the old games. All enemies hidden by fog-of-war. If the fog is removed the enemies and terrain are visible. HOWEVER, like in the old games, if you lose line of sight, the enemies WILL dissapear, the terrain will be "grayed" over.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
#6 Posted by deactivated-57bcc1891a93a (1284 posts) -
yea if you notice the game notifies you that the aliens are performing actions even when you haven't uncovered any at all yet. i'm a bit confused about the Fog of War slider in settings. putting it on high does it make FOW uncover in larger or smaller amounts, or is it just how it appears visually? like more dimmed or dense