World of Tank changed to Pay2Win model.

#1 Posted by tar1901 (137 posts) -

Wargamming just added in the latest patch the FV215b 183 (UK Tank destroyer), the new pay2win tank.

This think has a gun so powerfull that it can oneshot any tier 9 tank, most of the medium tanks and tank destroyers of tier 10. Only tier 10 theavy tanks can survive a shot from it's gun. This gun has been designed to work with premium ammo(works with standard too at half the performance) and it's the new milking cow for WG.

Welcome to World of pay2win Tanks.

#2 Posted by Gelugon_baat (24039 posts) -

I have heard this kind of complaint so many times before.

I would tell you this: have f***ing better luck and/or skill - especially luck. Being a whale with a big-gunned tank won't do sh*t if the shells don't even land on target because the game gives crap for one's shot-scatter rolls.

You do either that, or wait for Wargamingto nerf sh*t - which might only happen a year later.

Wargamming just added in the latest patch the FV215b 183 (UK Tank destroyer), the new pay2win tank.Uninformed thread opener

Also, that Tier X tank is not a premium tank.

#3 Posted by Johnny-Sniper (25 posts) -
Bad post is bad. Play a tank before you comment on it, any high tier player will be able to tell you how ineffective this tank is and how it is more under powered then game breakingly good like you claim.
#4 Posted by thaFunkster (25 posts) -
Yeh - the gun is good (apart from the reload), no doubt about it. But the armour is no so great. I fear an T110E3 far more than this thing, it has a deadly gun and 300mm frontal armour, I bounce shots off it all the time in my Object 268 tank destroyer, unless I load premium ammo. In my opinion, they have actually moved AWAY from a pay to win model. Before premium ammunition and consumables were only available using real money, now you can buy with in game currency. I have certain tanks that I use premium ammo which I buy for credits, I need to grind other premium tanks like my type 59 in order to make the money I am losing on ammo, but at least I dont have to constantly spend real money to buy the ammunition.
#5 Posted by Gelugon_baat (24039 posts) -

In my opinion, they have actually moved AWAY from a pay to win model.thaFunkster

Wargaming should have done this a long, long time ago.

That said, coincidentally, this move of theirs started when Wargaming decided to foray into e-sports. The complaints of competitive players prodded to start this move - and not the complaints of long-time followers of this game that are not already competitive players.