Wrestling at its best!

User Rating: 9 | WCW/nWo Revenge N64
WCW/NOW Revenge is one of the best wrestling games for its time. One thing I would like to point out is around the time this game came out I was a huge wrestling fan. But I did not like or watch WCW. I would only watch WWF. So for a wrestling game to have none of the wrestlers I know or love in it*Aside from the oldies* is great. This game kept things very simple by not having all the crazy matches that are standard in wrestling games of today. But that's not a bad thing, because unlike wrestling games of today the wrestling in this game was fun. There was nothing more fun then a four man battle royal. The ability to play with four people as opposed to two is another thing that really made this game shine. Nothing like having three of your friends over spending countless hours kicking the crap out of each other in this game.
One feature this game added to the series is the ability to edit wrestlers. Now it was not a full blown create a character, because you could not create on from scratch. What you had to do was edit the current wrestlers you had. This was not that big of a deal because there was of course wrestlers in the game no one cared about. And if you were like me the wrestlers you made soon became your favorite.
Game play wise this game was great. There were tons of moves for each character and, every one had a front and a back special. If you knew how to you could even use your opponents special just to rub the beating you were giving them in their face. This game also let you go grab weapons from the crowd and pummel your opponent with them. Which lead to one thing that current wrestling games did not get until recently. The ability for your wrestler to get busted open and bleed. Now I know that really does not seem like a big deal, but it was always something that bugged me about the smack down series.
The graphics in this game were topnotch for their time. You could easily tell who each wrestler was no problem. Each wrestler even came out with the fireworks and what not of their entrance. The rings looked just like they should big and square. The animation was fluid, and everything flowed nice and smoothly. The crowds did not look the greatest but they didn't look too bad for the time. With everything they crammed into this game the graphics turned out A-Ok.
Sound on the other hand was not so great. There was no voice over work or announcing of any sort. The music was bland and dull and I think there was only one track to the game not 100% sure on that though. The sound of the actual wrestling was not that bad. All the characters pretty much sounded the same when they grunted and what not but that's ok. It was on the 64 so no one was expecting amazing sounds.
Over all I would have to say this is one of the best wrestling games I have ever played. It to me is only topped by one game and that would be WWF No Mercy. If you're a fan of WCW or just wrestling in general and have a n64 I suggest you give this game a try. You will not regret it.