Don't overlook this awesome fighting game from Sega!!

User Rating: 9 | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown X360
I have really enjoyed this game. This is the only Virtua Fighter game I have played other than VF2 and VF3tb. I first played VF5 via a download of the VF5 Online Demo on Xbox 360. The full Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown game is much more balanced and fun overall.

I like the music and sound effects, but I thought more could have been done to enhance these since this is a re-release. The music works, but is not as enjoyable as it is in other fighting games...I prefer Tekken music. The sound effects are not bad, but should be louder in volume.

The graphics are good despite the game's age. Obviously, there are newer, better looking games out there such as (Street Fighter x Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Dead or Alive 5), but none as affordable. The levels are designed nicely and have great textures and environmental effects, but I would like to have seen more destructible environments like in the Dead or Alive franchise. That being said, I still appreciate the effort Sega put into the fighting engine because it is the deepest I have experienced in a fighting game thus far. The framerate stays steady and helps the flow of the game. I have not yet tried online due to fear of embarrassment, however.

Each fighter feels unique and balanced. Although there are minimal buttons used, there are so many movesets incorporated with a combination of button presses. The counter system is very well done, and I enjoy the throws. The training mode is a great place to start to learn some of the intricate details such as dashing and side stepping. This is useful when facing fierce opponents who are seasoned in fighting games. Additionally, there are many options to customize your characters when you download the DLC (although, this is not as robust as the character creator on Soul Calibur IV and V).

I wish there were more to do for the single player, but I still enjoyed playing the game in small bursts on the arcade mode. Maybe one day I will brave the online competitors. Anyways, I suggest any fighting game fan to download this game. It is awesome.