Streets of Rage 4 brings back retro heroes Axel, Blaze, and Adam, but they're not the only playable characters in the new beat 'em up. Adam's daughter Cherry fights alongside her dad by bashing foes with her electric guitar. The latest new character to be revealed is Floyd, a Maori warrior with cybernetic arm that definitely doesn't resemble Jax from Mortal Kombat at all.
The video above features Floyd, Cherry, Adam, and Axel punching and kicking through the game's first stage, ending in a boss battle against Diva, who pulses with electricity and wields a snake like a whip. Look, Streets of Rage was never subtle. This was our first look at 4's four-player co-op--it supports four players locally, but only two online.
Streets of Rage 4 is headed to PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch in 2020. GameSpot will be covering more games like this at PAX East 2020, so stay tuned for more from the show floor.
PAX East 2020 PIN
- 5 Awesome Games You May Not Know About
- 20 Minutes Of Animal Crossing: New Horizons Co-op Gameplay (Off-Screen)
- How Larian Studios Hopes To Transcend Baldur's Gate 3's Legacy
- Borderlands 3 New Lovecraft-Themed DLC Sees The Return Of BL2's Gaige
- Every Secret From The Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic
- The Games Of PAX East 2020 -- Animal Crossing, Streets Of Rage 4, And Doom Eternal
- PAX East And Other PAX Events Will Go Forward Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- The Mayor Of Boston Is Urging Sony To Return To PAX East
- Square Enix Scales Back Final Fantasy 14 PAX East Plans Over Coronavirus
- Another Major Game Company Scales Back PAX Presence, As Capcom Announces Changes