Unreal Championship 2 was a great relief after playing Awakening.

User Rating: 9 | Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict XBOX
Unreal Championship 2 is one of my favorite games in the Unreal series. It successfully and uniquely combines FPS combat with TPS melee attacks. The action in the game is great, and the multiplayer is amazing. There is a huge variety of unique weapons, and whether they are melee weapons or guns, they are always impressive and unique.

The graphics in this game are very good. Everything in the game looks like it is glowing, and that luster goes good with some of the darker levels in the game. All of the character animations are fluent, and the weapon firing and melee combat also looks nice. I liked how the cutscenes were exactly the same as the game, and they didn't need fancy cinematics to make the game look better.

The gameplay in this game is also great, especially in multiplayer mode. It is a lot of fun to play, even with just 2 players. There are othert people on the levels that you can fight, so its not always the deathmatch style you see in other games. The campaign mode was a lot of fun at times, but it was kind of repetitive having to just kill people over and over again. Although it was kind of a tournament style game, it is hard to make an unrepetitive tournament, but the single player was good overall.

The sound in this game was also pretty good. During the campaign mode, the voice acting is just as you'd expect from any Sci-Fi FPS, like Halo. During multiplayer, some of the voices can get annoying at times. They keep on saying, "this is my domain" or " I will get my revenge!" But that doesn't bother me that much, and its just a minor thing.

Overall, the game was a lot of fun to play. I liked the mulitplayer mode above all, although I have not yet played it online. I think this is one of the best games in the series, at least for the consoles. I was glad that they cleaned up their act after Unreal 2: The Awakening, and actually made a pretty good game.