Original Tomb Raider vision realised !?

User Rating: 10 | Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4

Unchartered The Lost Legacy is brilliantly made, full of beautiful locations, great action, corny but just about credible dialogue and great characters - it's just alot of fun.

The Tomb Raider comparison is obvious, my first introduction to TR was TR3 which starts in India - and this game is entirely set in Indian locations. These range from the more realistic market/town environment to the hyper stylised over the top but incredibly imaginative Western Ghats. The Western Ghats are primarily puzzles and climbing, so again it's a strong original TR feel - but with two Lara's perhaps. These two charcaters interact perfectly with lots of good dialogue and sarcasm.

The one thing I would improve is the enemies, the main one is Asaz and the part is a bit too pantomine for me, ie: a bit silly (not untypical of this type of game or the adventure genre generally) and all a bit too exaggerated and a tad hammy.

Just when you think it's over there is a fantastic final scene, a hugely over the top train chase which is pure joy to play.