Coolyfett's first review of a PS3 game, Uncharted 1 is one of Sony flagship titles so I picked this one...here we go....

User Rating: 8 | Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3
I am late to the PS3 party for starters, Ive had a PS2 & PSP for the longest and felt its time for an upgrade. I have heard a lot about these Uncharted games, seen a few videos here and there. Now that I finally own a PS3 that came with Uncharted 3, I went and purchased the other two Uncharted games so that I will have the entire Uncharted Trilogy. The game looks awesome!! I am by no means a graphics snob, but this game came out in 2007 and it still holds up very well IMO. I can tell the game makers put in a lot of effort to make this game EPIC. The game plays well & there were no glitches or freezing, every thing moves very fluid. As everyone knows the Uncharted games are based on hunting for lost treasure and the obsticles that come with that. In this game Drake your character is in the jungle trying to track down a golden statue from historic times. There are many mysterious puzzles that Drake has to solve & this part of the game is really fun. In this game there are 3 main things you have to do to get through the story of the game. First the puzzles, you know video game puzzles, push this block, pull that block, turn the statue here etc, well its all here in Uncharted. Some of the puzzles are really complex and take a bit to figure out. The completion of said puzzles gives you access to a new stage or area in the game, unlocking passages, opening doors and exposing hidden entrances or exits. Next major aspect of the game is platforming. Using Drake to jump from cliffs and bricks sticking out from the wall surface, trees branches or other physical things to grab. One can also swing from vines, chains & ropes if they are light enough, the ones that are too heavy to swing you can only climb those. This platforming part of the game is kinda tricky because you dont know for sure what you should jump to or if what is near, is close enough for Drake to make the jump. I think the game makers tried to make these said grabable objects blend in with the rest of the surroundings with out looking out of place, I think that they did a great job at that, so well you have to really think before you leap or Drake will fall to a painful death. The final aspect of the game and most annoying to me is the combat/shooting part of the action. I found this part of game very frustrating and its not because I suck as a gamer. During the hunt for treasure or progress of getting where you are going you have to deal with a high level of unfair gun fights. Ive changed the options from Hard to Normal to Easy and get the same results, Drake dead in the bushes of the Jungle!!! I always start a game on hard mode, because again Im a gamer and I know the Dual Shock controllers very well. With that being said, how many times must I shoot a jungle thug before he dies? Sometimes you have to shoot each thug 5 or 6 times while its 8 or 9 others shooting at you. After you wear down about 10 or 15 guys with out dying, here come 20 more jungle pirates guns a blazing! If you die during any of these gun fights you have to start all over again meaning after you beat the first wave of 10-15 thugs if you die doing the next wave you have start that whole stage all over again. I dont know what they were thinking with that aspect, but it should only take 2-3 gun shots to kill a man. To make matter worse sometimes you just cant take cover you have thugs to your front, your back, your left and your right. This whole scenerio takes the FUN out of the game. The enviroments looks so good, the music sets a great tone and you get so involved, but once you die more than 10 times during the same gun fight with out progress, it makes one not want to play anymore. Now I have progressed and eventually over came many of the gun fights, but thats because Im a good player of video games not because the system is fair. You spend about 40 % of the game doing these gun fights. The other 60% platforming and solving puzzles. The story sometimes is hard to follow manly because the objective keeps changing. First they have to find the city of gold, but it turns out the city of gold is just a golden statue, then they figure out where the golden statue actually is, but are still lead in circles. THEN ZOMBIES show up...really?? freaking Zombies man?. Again I want to say again how great the game world looks and plays. It felt like I was in Vietnam or the Amazon and reminded me a lot of Vietnam War movies. Id recommend this game to anyone who likes shot em up games. There is another aspect of the game, but it doesn't prevent your progress and that is treasure hunting. I really enjoy this part of gameplay it adds the adventure feel to the game the most, because you never know where the treasures can be found. I give this game a low 8 high 7 on my 1 - 10 scale. Its my first game I actually got into on my new PS3. I plan to play and review the other two Uncharted games and I am hoping this one is the worst of the bunch.