The next total war game will be Victoria Total War.

jmkh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 jmkh
Member since 2005 • 140 Posts

I am convinced that sometime next year or the year after Creative Assembly will announce Victoria total war. I say this because when Medieval 2 Kingdoms came out one of its campagins about conquest of the Americas by Spain. When I played it I thought that it was only a matter of time before they come out with a total war that covers the coloniel period of the 17th and 18th centuries, then of course Empire was announced. NOW I can say that after playing Fall of The Samurai and seeing how it has gatling guns and Ironclads as units and the ability to recuit Johnny reb vets as agents and build railroads I can say that everyone should expect Victoria Total War in the near future along with a expanson for it that focuses on either the American Civil War ( If the first game doesnt include it) or the Zulu wars in South Africa or the reunifaction of Germany in the mid 19th Century by Bismark.

Also they should change the unit limit from 12 to about 20 or 25 because battles during that time tended to involve upwards to about 160.000 to about 250.000 thousand men in Europe and in the civil war. But they should make it a optional way to play the game this way and have the standard option of 10 units only as the default. Not to mention they would have UPGRADE the game engine signifcantly to make battles of this size possible in the game. What do you all think about this idea ? Do you like the battles upgraded or should the battles stay the same ? And do any of you have any ideas for how battles should be in future total war titles.

If it does happen remember you heared it from me. ( I hope they make this game cause it would be great !!!!!!!!!!)

greasemonkey42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2 greasemonkey42
Member since 2004 • 2999 Posts

Looks like we'll find out soon enough:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-30-exclusive-total-war-announcement-at-rezzed

Announcement is incoming! July 6th at Rezzed, unless they somehow decide to reveal at E3, which the article would indicate they will not due to it being described as 'exclusive'.

I'll also add that there's currently a discussion about this in the strategy games forum.

Jacobie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jacobie23
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Nothing would be better than Rome 2 man... I really hope they make that.
miniwiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 miniwiles
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts
"Also they should change the unit limit from 12 to about 20 or 25"

are you sure you have played fall of the samurai..? because the unit limit that you can command is 1 battle is 40.. 
TWisfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TWisfun
The last time I played I remember that you could change the unit size in options. So if you have an amazing engine and you have 40 units on both sides, then you could have about a 16000 unit battle. I love doing that.
Glennifredicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Glennifredicus
I have been waiting for an American Civil War version of Total War FOREVER! I like the idea of expanding the real time battles. I would like to see improvements in the trenching graphics in the battles. WWI and WWII also need to be given the Total War Treatment.
zobbi4110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zobbi4110
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts

Yay all we need is another total war where all units are all the same.