Give it some time

#1 Posted by klavve (174 posts) -

Cool down ppl, TW games have always been buggy at release. This game is filled with new awsome content. Army stances and perks, the much smoother empire management, the beatiful campaign map ect

Have to agree that the graphics were a downer but it will surley improve with patching as well. Miss the short vids though.

What has bother me the most so far is the "instant fleet" you get when ordering an army onto the waters, bulding fleets was a costly buisness. Hope some patching will fix that.

Give CA some time this game is huge in scoope, i did not expect it to be any where nere flawless at launch.

Peace

#2 Posted by davidsworld3 (3523 posts) -

It will take a lot of patches and tweaking to put this game back into playable shape and frankly, I dont have the time, I'm a busy guy, I'm not some teenager living with his parents or in a little apartment with little to do besides work and play games, I have a whole house to take care of, a wife to spend time with, a career that takes a lot of my free time.

I simply dont have the patience to wait, they should not have rushed this out, they lost me as a fan, I simply dont find their games fun anymore, I rather go back and play supreme commander, and homeworld, or even star craft than play this buggy frustrating disappointing mess.

You may be right in time this game might turn out to be pretty cool but by the time they do finally get it patched and fixed up...likely another rts to come out that blows this out of the water.  With next gen right around the corner pc games are gonna have to show they can keep up and move into the future as well.

#3 Posted by zzodr (261 posts) -

It will take a lot of patches and tweaking to put this game back into playable shape and frankly, I dont have the time, I'm a busy guy, I'm not some teenager living with his parents or in a little apartment with little to do besides work and play games, I have a whole house to take care of, a wife to spend time with, a career that takes a lot of my free time.

I simply dont have the patience to wait, they should not have rushed this out, they lost me as a fan, I simply dont find their games fun anymore, I rather go back and play supreme commander, and homeworld, or even star craft than play this buggy frustrating disappointing mess.

You may be right in time this game might turn out to be pretty cool but by the time they do finally get it patched and fixed up...likely another rts to come out that blows this out of the water.  With next gen right around the corner pc games are gonna have to show they can keep up and move into the future as well.

davidsworld3

+1

#4 Posted by raptorIVaz (25 posts) -

davidsworld3

Hmm then you should have the waiting game down. Put Rome down for a while, spend time with yuo family, house, & career then come back in a month to see the polished game. They're releasing patches every week.

#5 Posted by bhudspat (1359 posts) -

I would rather they release it now and patch it as they go. As we play and encounter problems they fix them. This game is vast and the developers aim to acheive high marks.

#6 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3042 posts) -
You'd rather them release a near broken game? I can deal with everything else, but the campaign map is so sluggish at times. Even Civ is faster in between turns and diplomacy is useless.
#7 Posted by bhudspat (1359 posts) -

It's not near broken for me and I have an 8 year old computer with a Pentium D. It is slow and choppy in some spots but not unplayable at all.

#8 Posted by strategyfn (419 posts) -

Mine isn't broken and worked from day 1. The patches improved the graphics and performance a little bit.

I have seen the AI do some clever things. I think the AI is slightly better than Empire's without mods.

I like how the amount of armies are limited. It makes you use actual strategy to be given limited resources. I've also had some really good defensive siege garrison battles versus medium enemy armies. I also like how you can only recruit so many of a unit say for example spartan hoplites, I feel it keeps you from being overpowered or the game from becoming too gamey--it adds balance.

There is a long list of things I like about the game.

#9 Posted by davidsworld3 (3523 posts) -

This will have to go on the shelf, I dont want to play a buggy unfinished game.  Like I said before by the time they have it mostly patched this will no longer interest me, gta5, then you have next gen right around the corner....not a good move.

#10 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3042 posts) -

It's not near broken for me and I have an 8 year old computer with a Pentium D. It is slow and choppy in some spots but not unplayable at all.

bhudspat
I don't mean broken like unplayable. I mean broken like some of the game mechanics are very shallow and wouldn't make much difference if they weren't in the game.
#11 Posted by sextus1 (740 posts) -

I am going to give it plenty of time- say a year and in the meantime will go back to Shogun-2, Med-2 and Rome. All of which hold more interest than this snore.

Sic volvere Parcas " So spin the Fates".

#12 Posted by Rommed (25 posts) -

I wasn't expecting a flawless game, but feel that certain things were poorly designed. Like not being able to tell the exact unhappiness level that will cause revolts, not being able to see available building choices before clicking expand city button, and being unable to lower unhappiness in a practical manner because they tend to outweigh the positive effect of happiness buildings, especially when your faction has an order penalty trait. This isn't meant to be a similation of revolts after revolts in ancient Rome.

#13 Posted by janlappalainen (33 posts) -

no amount of patching will change the fact that this is the worst game in the TW series to come out so far, or at least competes for that title with empire. The AI is ridiculous - watch how enemy armies do a back and forth dance on the battlemap running towards you, then retreating over and over again while you destroy them with ranged attacks. Enemy attacks your cities with ONE UNIT over and over! WHAT THE F!!!! The family tree has been completely removed and it feels like the whole family mechanic has been removed, why?????? why are the agent mission videos no longer in the game??  It seems like they have only added polish and very little of interest - the only good additions are how regions work and stances.

Creative assembly apologists PLEASE SHUT THE F UP already, this game is garbage. far far inferiour to shogun 2.

#14 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3042 posts) -
I'll admit I didn't believe the AI would be as bad as everyone said, but there's no way I should be winning some of these battles. Autoresolve predicts defeat so I fight manually and get decisive victory. Defending a settlement against large armies with nothing but garrison is funny. It also seems a lot easier to kill the enemy general. It was never this bad in previous games.
#15 Posted by Rommed (25 posts) -

I'll admit I didn't believe the AI would be as bad as everyone said, but there's no way I should be winning some of these battles. Autoresolve predicts defeat so I fight manually and get decisive victory. Defending a settlement against large armies with nothing but garrison is funny. It also seems a lot easier to kill the enemy general. It was never this bad in previous games.GONtheSKYLORD

Ironically, autoresolve sometimes helps when fighting an amphibious landing battle and your land armies tend to have restricted mobility at sea. Other than this, I usually fight out the battle.

And another annoying thing I noticed. After capturing another faction's city, you'll sometimes see "This building is unavailable to your faction and you need to convert this to your own or dismantle" or something like that. So for eg, you see this message for a farm in a newly captured city, click on convert and voila, you convert it into a.......farm!

#16 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3042 posts) -
The micromanagement in this game is terrible.