Promising but it falls short due to controller and very difficult cpu opponents.

User Rating: 6.5 | Top Spin 3 PS3
I was looking for a good tennis game and I thought top spin 3 was the better choice over virtua tennis. I didn't want to play "pong" arcade tennis and just run all over the court. Top Spin 3 looked more promising but it would fall short. Is it really necessary to have all these commands to do the simplest things? I have to hold r1 and move the analog up to go towards the net? I think I had to hold L1 and move the analog just to run towards the ball. I had Federer walking towards the ball and getting there too late many times. How is the serving? Easy when you aren't using any velocity on it. Put some velocity on it and it is nearly impossible to get it in the box. The tutorial doesn't even fully explain how to serve with velocity and accuracy. Difficulty? I even put it on easy and the "worst" computer opponent still doesn't get unforced errors. I did 2 out of 3 sets with 3 points and my opponent had 2 unforced errors. They simply don't hit the net or hit it out of bounds if they make any contact. I can't imagine playing Federer in a championship match. It was challenging enough that I did enjoy it for a little bit but the controller problems is just too much. It also loses points with the lack of professional characters and other game modes. Graphics are amazing though. And i bought this game for only $14.99 so that is a positive. I give this game a 6.5 out of 10 so i returned it. Maybe if they tweak the controller, add some modes and more players, then it would get a 9 out of 10 or higher.