PWNED by controls

#1 Posted by Peter_Eater (3720 posts) -

Broken controls.

Excellent game destroyed by poor programming.

I am trying to play this game and am constantly sabotaged by poor controls. (Playing the PC version) "take cover" (Q) & "climb" (Space) are constantly choosing to switch roles when I need pinpoint timing.

I wanna play this as "ghost" as possible, but controls flat out prevent me from being able to do it.

Anyone else having trouble with this?

#2 Posted by Fandango_Letho (6000 posts) -
Get a controller. You're in 2013. You don't play third person games on a computer without a controller.
#3 Posted by Peter_Eater (3720 posts) -
Get a controller. You're in 2013. You don't play third person games on a computer without a controller.Fandango_Letho
Seriously? That is your solution? So what you are saying is that developers need not concern themselves with optimizing games, and removing bugs? If this is 2013, and the ONLY way to play third-person game is with a controller, then the future of gaming is bleak.
#4 Posted by Peter_Eater (3720 posts) -
@ Fandango_Letho I just saw your signature banner... yeah now I get it... wouldn't expect anything different from the likes of you. You do know that there are people that play games on PC, right?
#5 Posted by david255 (25 posts) -

its because space switches you to a nearby cover. pretty bad decision

#6 Posted by JDFS (664 posts) -
Get a controller. You're in 2013. You don't play third person games on a computer without a controller.Fandango_Letho
What a tool... a controller is absolutely horrible for first AND third person games, get over it. OP: I also found the controls acting kind of weird sometimes but it's not that bad, it never got me killed yet, programming controls for such a game is hard work, but I'm pretty satisfied with them.
#7 Posted by mikegabi (25 posts) -
a controller isn't such a bad idea really. The game doesn't have horrible control btw
#8 Posted by swaty007 (62 posts) -

Thats BullSh*t.

A  It depends on the person and B how they made the game.

People are all hype with controllers and shoots because they have autoaim.

For some games people prefer Keyboard others like controller.

I change depending on the game.,...

For this game its gonna be a keyboard.. its alot faster