I'm boycotting this game

Avatar image for TheGameExpert01
#1 Posted by TheGameExpert01 (26 posts) -
Just learned that Michael Ironside won't be doing the voice over for Sam, this is an insult to fans of the series, including myself. My friend works at my local gamestop and i'm going to make him not sell this game, i recommend that ye all do the same. When sales figures are low, then they'll realise what a mistake they've made and make a game for the loyal fanbase, not a COD/Assassin's Creed clone. As it stands, this looks to be the worst game this year. What a disappointment.
#2 Posted by Hiddai (6115 posts) -
I think you are too exaggerating...I agree they have destroyed Sam and even made him younger but i don't think this game is going to be bad...
#3 Posted by Relik86 (83 posts) -

Oh... Ok.

#4 Posted by Hiddai (6115 posts) -

Oh... Ok.

Relik86
lol
Avatar image for br__assassin128
#5 Posted by br__assassin128 (84 posts) -

Sure.. 20th comes around you will have it. Now how do I get this through your thick mentally challenged skull? This game does not continue the story after Conviction. This is many years before.. when Sam is YOUNG! How realistic would it be if Sam had the same exact voice when he was about 48ish? Just a guess to now another guess at like... 30ish... I have no clue. Makes perfect sense. Yes Michael Ironside did an amazing job with the voice of Sam but you should quit whining like a little girl. It is a voice. Nothing more. Not like its a whole new character or something and not Sam Fisher... starting to think everyone who complains gets a hard on from his voice...

#6 Posted by TheGameExpert01 (26 posts) -
It doesn't take place before you goddamn moron. 3rd Echelon was disbanded after the end of Conviction due to Reed's corruption and the presidential attack. Now, 4th Echelon is established with Sam as the leader to combat the blacklist attacks. If you're trying to make a point, at least have some bit of knowledge about the goddamn game so you don't look like a retard even though i assume you do anyway, troll.
#7 Posted by Hiddai (6115 posts) -
It doesn't take place before you goddamn moron. 3rd Echelon was disbanded after the end of Conviction due to Reed's corruption and the presidential attack. Now, 4th Echelon is established with Sam as the leader to combat the blacklist attacks. If you're trying to make a point, at least have some bit of knowledge about the goddamn game so you don't look like a retard even though i assume you do anyway, troll.TheGameExpert01
QFT
#8 Posted by jesseandnikki (4834 posts) -
It doesn't take place before you goddamn moron.TheGameExpert01
You're the kind of person that's ruining the video game industry...
#9 Posted by TheGameExpert01 (26 posts) -

How so Rambo ?

#10 Posted by Ja-nem-ba (45 posts) -

So... this seems pretty obvious to me. A quick search revealed that Blacklist is, in fact a sequel to Conviction. So, yeah, it sucks that Ironside ain't doing the voice, but it was his decision. Ironside WANTED to pass the torch to another actor. This isn't like MGS5, where it was entirely the production team's decision, Ironside made his choice.
So, everyone is acting like idiots. Gameexpert's overreacting, and ironically didn't do HIS research before spouting off, while all you others don't even seem to know the basics of the game you're talking about.

#11 Posted by jesseandnikki (4834 posts) -

How so Rambo ?

TheGameExpert01
I guess the irony escapes you...lol
#12 Posted by PixelAddict (2140 posts) -

Super disappointed, too.  Ironside IS/WAS Sam Fisher.  They should have at least went with a new character, calling him his cousin/brother/codename Pete Fisher or something.

I've bought every single Splinter Cell game leading up to this one, but I'm not buying this one new.  I'll get it used in a month.

I'm sure I will enjoy the game, but I do not want to show Ubisoft my support by way of a new game sale.

P.S. I know it was Ironside's decision, but that speaks volumes.  He must not have liked the script.  Making me even more wary.

#13 Posted by _Telimtor_ (196 posts) -

Oh my god you bunch of baby nerds.... wow...words escape me

#14 Posted by PixelAddict (2140 posts) -

Um.. really?  You're on a gaming site calling out nerds with THAT avatar?  THAT is your plan?

#15 Posted by jngbb (1593 posts) -
Just learned that Michael Ironside won't be doing the voice over for Sam, this is an insult to fans of the series, including myself. My friend works at my local gamestop and i'm going to make him not sell this game, i recommend that ye all do the same. When sales figures are low, then they'll realise what a mistake they've made and make a game for the loyal fanbase, not a COD/Assassin's Creed clone. As it stands, this looks to be the worst game this year. What a disappointment.TheGameExpert01
TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
#16 Posted by jesseandnikki (4834 posts) -
I have to say after playing the game the voice acting isn't that bad....it's not Ironside level...but it doesn't take away from the game imo.
#17 Posted by blkgto (809 posts) -

You're a **** idiot.

#18 Posted by Supes_24 (87 posts) -

Just learned that Michael Ironside won't be doing the voice over for Sam, this is an insult to fans of the series, including myself. My friend works at my local gamestop and i'm going to make him not sell this game, i recommend that ye all do the same. When sales figures are low, then they'll realise what a mistake they've made and make a game for the loyal fanbase, not a COD/Assassin's Creed clone. As it stands, this looks to be the worst game this year. What a disappointment.TheGameExpert01

Your opinion and that's respectable, how exactly are you going to make your friend not sell the game? You do know he can be fired for that right? He can't decide what customers want or don't want. I have to ask, how old are you? I ask because that childish thought wouldn't have ever entered an adults mind. 

#19 Posted by Needles-Kane (2040 posts) -
Lose out on an amazing game and penalize a great series and developer that makes something besides a bland FPS. I guess you expected him do to this til he dies and a clone matured by that time.
#20 Posted by nicheian (25 posts) -
such absolute nonsense in so many ways
#21 Posted by nicheian (25 posts) -
(the op i mean)
#22 Posted by EthdanTV (25 posts) -
no offense to anyone with opinions, but i agree changing the voice is bad but its if its Ironside's choice then don't blame Ubisoft. I don't think one person not buying the game is going to make sales look low, your just one person along with my local game store who sold out on day one. MGS could have made a bad choice changing actor but now Snake is voiced by Jack Bauer that is awesome. And i would like to see the conversation in your friends store Customer "Can i get a copy of Blacklist please" Friend "No, i can't serve you because my pal doesn't like the fact they changed voice actor" Customer "Can i just have my copy please, and also tell your friend to get a life" Friend "Sorry i can't" Customer "Fine, ill go to another shop and buy it" Friend "Bye" Boss "Your fired"
#23 Posted by tonibon (655 posts) -
I dont understand why you whinning about a voice. also its not that sam sounds like donald duck now. So stop jammering
#24 Posted by Erratic_Knight (160 posts) -

having put a signigicant amount of time into SC:BL I can safely say that the VO ruins the game to the degree that if this was a the start of a new IP, I'd hope that they'd sign a different guy for a sequel.

He's so increadably lifeless and dull, not to mention generic. Add to the fact that same is de-aging like benjamin button, it's just awkward and unfortunate...