GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 GunEye
Member since 2005 • 1627 Posts

I can't find the answer anywhere. I am hoping you could assit me.

I constantly receive the game freeze and crashes to desktop/black screen then "task manager" to terminate process/or the "your display driver had stopped working and recovered"/or the "yeti mini dump crash"

Anyway, 85% of my crashes are simply that the game freezes about after 5 minutes or more of gameplay, and then the screen goes black, I hear a "Tong!" sound from windows, and I have to use Task Manager to stop the GRFS process and quit back to desktop.

This had happen to me countless times today, between 5-10 mintues of gameplay. And I feel like I tried all the old tricks.

Can you please help?

Does someone know a good fix? I use Nvidia 670GTX with the latest or near latest driver. I hear the problem is more common with Nvidia cards.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Please help and thank you.

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GunEye

fix still needed!

oscarft5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 oscarft5
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi bro, i dont speak english very well but i will try to help you, 1.- download a program called "Nvidia Inspector" (Install or run it) 2. When you open the program, click on "show overclocking", click on "yes", then, Down the clock to your grphic card to 700 mhz coreclock and 1800 memory clock and now you can play without errors... tellme if it works for you,
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GunEye

Um...thank you very much, I would like to fix the errors, but I really don't want to downclock my card, even for a single game.

If I will have no choice, then I use the EVGA PercisionX tool, and create a downclock profile, but since the game runs well with my settings (except for crashes) then I rather avoid it.

Won't there ever be a fix? a patch from Ubisoft, or compatibility fix in the Nvidia driver?

oscarft5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 oscarft5
I know that the last patch to has been released by ubisoft is the 1.4, for the nvidia side, personally, i was tasting the last beta drivers (304.79) and the error won't be fixed by any side, but if i know the solucion, surely I'll comment you bro... regards
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GunEye

I see. Although in my game I still see 1.2 something... Although I use steam, so it should have updated automatically.

Anyways, about driver and another patch. I sure hope it is going to happen, because it is getting too long. And I love this game so far.

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GunEye

I know that the last patch to has been released by ubisoft is the 1.4, for the nvidia side, personally, i was tasting the last beta drivers (304.79) and the error won't be fixed by any side, but if i know the solucion, surely I'll comment you bro... regardsoscarft5

Thank you man for your help, you're the only one who tried answering and helping here.

Want to play some cooprative in Future Soldier and other games maybe?

Please tell me your steam ID, and you UPlay ID, so I might catch up with you online.

My steam id is: ltdeadeye19 (the name is Ransome).

My Uplay id is: GunEye21

CYA!

oscarft5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oscarft5

[QUOTE="oscarft5"]I know that the last patch to has been released by ubisoft is the 1.4, for the nvidia side, personally, i was tasting the last beta drivers (304.79) and the error won't be fixed by any side, but if i know the solucion, surely I'll comment you bro... regardsGunEye

Thank you man for your help, you're the only one who tried answering and helping here.

Please tell me your steam ID, and you UPlay ID, so I might catch up with you online.

CYA!

I do what i can bro, no need to give the thanks, and sorry for my bad english, by other side i wish to play with you a while, but i live in mexico and my ISP is very bad, and i can't play because i always lose by the lag, but my email is oscarft5@gmail.com, and i am ever looking for solutions for my games, if in another time you need help don't hesitate to ask me, by other side, today i download the drivers directly from asus, and i hope it resolves my problem, i'll tell you in a while if it works...
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GunEye
[QUOTE="GunEye"]

[QUOTE="oscarft5"]I know that the last patch to has been released by ubisoft is the 1.4, for the nvidia side, personally, i was tasting the last beta drivers (304.79) and the error won't be fixed by any side, but if i know the solucion, surely I'll comment you bro... regardsoscarft5

CYA!

I do what i can bro, no need to give the thanks, and sorry for my bad english, by other side i wish to play with you a while, but i live in mexico and my ISP is very bad, and i can't play because i always lose by the lag, but my email is oscarft5@gmail.com, and i am ever looking for solutions for my games, if in another time you need help don't hesitate to ask me, by other side, today i download the drivers directly from asus, and i hope it resolves my problem, i'll tell you in a while if it works...

Sure thing, my Email is: noy48b@gmail.com and I will find your reply here, on messages or on email, whichever suites you. Thanks.
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GunEye
[QUOTE="GunEye"]

[QUOTE="oscarft5"]I know that the last patch to has been released by ubisoft is the 1.4, for the nvidia side, personally, i was tasting the last beta drivers (304.79) and the error won't be fixed by any side, but if i know the solucion, surely I'll comment you bro... regardsoscarft5

CYA!

Sure thing, my Email is: noy48b@gmail.com and I will find your reply here, on messages or on email, whichever suites you. Thanks.
oscarft5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oscarft5
I think that i found the solution for our problem, i only download the drivers from asus, i install it and all works great, no more crashes without the need to downclock my gpu, try it bro, and tell me what's happened...
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GunEye

I think that i found the solution for our problem, i only download the drivers from asus, i install it and all works great, no more crashes without the need to downclock my gpu, try it bro, and tell me what's happened...oscarft5

I also have downloaded most asus updates.. I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard.

Can you tell me exactly which drivers have you downloaded and installed?

Thanks again man.

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GunEye

For all those who still encountering this issue.

I have some tweaks that might help reduce the amount of crashes and improve stability.

Simply go to the Ghost Recon folder, if it is a Steam game - go to Steamapp>common>Ghost Recon....> THEN press right click on the Ghost Recon Future Soldier exe. file and then Properties.

Move to the "Compatibility" tab, and tick the following:

Disable Desktop Composition

Disable Visual Themes

Run as Adminstrator (this helps more than others I think).

APPLY and OK.

You are good to go.

Again, I don't know if it fixes 100% or its a matter of chance, but I do believe it helps alot.

Goodluck and please write down additional tweaks/drivers or anything that help resolving these annoying issues!

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunEye

For all those who still encountering this issue.

I have some tweaks that might help reduce the amount of crashes and improve stability.

Simply go to the Ghost Recon folder, if it is a Steam game - go to Steamapp>common>Ghost Recon....> THEN press right click on the Ghost Recon Future Soldier exe. file and then Properties.

Move to the "Compatibility" tab, and tick the following:

Disable Desktop Composition

Disable Visual Themes

Run as Adminstrator (this helps more than others I think).

APPLY and OK.

You are good to go.

Again, I don't know if it fixes 100% or its a matter of chance, but I do believe it helps alot.

Goodluck and please write down additional tweaks/drivers or anything that help resolving these annoying issues!

oscarft5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oscarft5

[QUOTE="oscarft5"]I think that i found the solution for our problem, i only download the drivers from asus, i install it and all works great, no more crashes without the need to downclock my gpu, try it bro, and tell me what's happened...GunEye

I also have downloaded most asus updates.. I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard.

Can you tell me exactly which drivers have you downloaded and installed?

Thanks again man.

first i apologize for my absence, i've downloaded the 301.42, i see the diference of compatibility between this drivers and nvidia drivers, i've completed the game without issues with this drivers, i think the motherboard doesn't have importance on this issue, tell me how it works for you...
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GunEye

Hey Oscar, I have sent you an Email, reply there if you can. If you aren't getting it, maybe it got to SPAM mail for some reason...

Anyway, you can also message me here in gamespot if you can't find the email.

ANOTHER THING THAT MIGHT HELP:

Strange enough: Add a program profile in the Nvidia Control Panel of Ghost Recon FS.

To do this go to the Nvidia contol panel > manage 3d settings > Program Settings (it is a small tab near Global Settings) > Add >

From there search your Ghost Recon exe file...: Steam>Steamapps>common>Ghost Recon...>"ghost Recon.." should have an icon. Make sure it is the .exe file of GRFS.

Another thing worth doing is forcing V-sync off on the profile you just created of Ghost Recon in Nvidia control panel.

Seems to help. I hope.

atanunbmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 atanunbmc
Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Black Box) Stage : Noble Tempest frequent crash/freeze to overcome the crawling issue, I walked ahead of the team and jumped over the wall instead of crawling under it so that rest of the team follow the same.....generally others crawl under or jump over the wall n I dont seem to have that crawling issue....problem arises just now when walking/running a few steps more and the screen freezes....I even ran to the meeting point once n waited for the rest to join but before they reached, the game froze ...... happening everytime. tried to put AA n Vsync off, changed compatibility mode, removed DNS cache (these all were suggested in different sites)...nothing helped. any help guys ?
atanunbmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 atanunbmc
Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Black Box) Stage : Noble Tempest frequent crash/freeze to overcome the crawling issue, I walked ahead of the team and jumped over the wall instead of crawling under it so that rest of the team follow the same.....generally others crawl under or jump over the wall n I dont seem to have that crawling issue....problem arises just now when walking/running a few steps more and the screen freezes....I even ran to the meeting point once n waited for the rest to join but before they reached, the game froze ...... happening everytime. tried to put AA n Vsync off, changed compatibility mode, removed DNS cache (these all were suggested in different sites)...nothing helped. any help guys ? :'( :'(
atanunbmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atanunbmc
I have ATI HD 6670 (ASUS) gpu.......but probably the problem isnt related to graphics..
atanunbmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 atanunbmc
I have ATI HD 6670 (ASUS) gpu.......but probably the problem isnt related to graphics..
GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GunEye

Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Black Box) Stage : Noble Tempest frequent crash/freeze to overcome the crawling issue, I walked ahead of the team and jumped over the wall instead of crawling under it so that rest of the team follow the same.....generally others crawl under or jump over the wall n I dont seem to have that crawling issue....problem arises just now when walking/running a few steps more and the screen freezes....I even ran to the meeting point once n waited for the rest to join but before they reached, the game froze ...... happening everytime. tried to put AA n Vsync off, changed compatibility mode, removed DNS cache (these all were suggested in different sites)...nothing helped. any help guys ? :'( :'(atanunbmc

I am sorry..

Problem keeps coming back to my game as well, I just dl the newest Nvidia driver and problems came back. It is a compatibility issues with GPUS.

It is frustrating that Ubisoft haven't released a single patch to fix this.

atanunbmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 atanunbmc

[QUOTE="atanunbmc"]Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Black Box) Stage : Noble Tempest frequent crash/freeze to overcome the crawling issue, I walked ahead of the team and jumped over the wall instead of crawling under it so that rest of the team follow the same.....generally others crawl under or jump over the wall n I dont seem to have that crawling issue....problem arises just now when walking/running a few steps more and the screen freezes....I even ran to the meeting point once n waited for the rest to join but before they reached, the game froze ...... happening everytime. tried to put AA n Vsync off, changed compatibility mode, removed DNS cache (these all were suggested in different sites)...nothing helped. any help guys ? :'( :'(GunEye

I am sorry..

Problem keeps coming back to my game as well, I just dl the newest Nvidia driver and problems came back. It is a compatibility issues with GPUS.

It is frustrating that Ubisoft haven't released a single patch to fix this.

funniest thing is youtube has gameplay on this game with the same GPU that I use....which is Radeon HD6670 (ASUS)......so I doubt the problem is not related to GPU I should be honest to mention I actually downloaded this game from torrent site.....should I get a legit copy ? I was liking the game so much n suddenly it crashed...
lojacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lojacker
Exactly the same problem, with the dong sound and all. SYS- i7 2600k @3.4gh ; nvid 580gtx , it obviously has nothing to do with the pc's we own and everything to do with the integrity of the game. Terrible that it has gone on this long, civs 5 had same issue and it took a major expansion/ DLC to actually get it to run without crashes... HOW CONVENIENT... HMMM?
PepperKilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 PepperKilo
Member since 2014 • 35 Posts

This is happening to me constantly. I have to reboot the game all the time... I have no idea why this is happening. it doesn't even show an error message when it closes and it will seemingly do it out of nowhere, even in the main menus. It sucks I can't even play this game without it crashing constantly.