In terms of stealth no game I've played comes close to Thief

User Rating: 9.8 | Thief: The Dark Project PC
Thief is every stealth gamers dream being the most realistic fps stealth game I ever played. Even more better than Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. The games story is what really draws you in every mission leads to something more mysterious and twisting. The whole game is flawless for a stealth game. The sound gives off no background music except the sound of wind blowing making it really tense, I mean really the game is tense because of the realism your not going to survive multiple blows with a sword especially two on one remember your a Thief darkness is your friend. The AI is indeed the awesome unlike Splinter Cell these guys will attack you the second you step into the light. They also keep their guard up if they see you and lose. The game gives you everything a Thief needs lock picks a sword, health potion, compass, map, and even flash bombs to stun enemies if they see you. You can also knock enemies unconscious with a black jack but be warned guards will look for you if they see a body lying around and carrying one is extra weight like Splinter Cell. The graphics are awesome since this game is ancient so they're really good for its time even if all the guards look the same. The only problem is the sound and value to most people after beating the game once nothing is going to want to make you play it again and the sound in the game every guard sounds the same and only Garret the main character has a cool voice, and even the sound effects are a little shaky but I don't mind. This is one of the best fps games I've played.