Tips and Tricks sharing for The Witcher 3.

SolidAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidAllen
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

During the course of the map you might encounter a bee hives. Make sure to loot the bee hive after driving away the bees. The honey comb can be sold for a good price I think around 190-200 gold for 9 piece. =)

Yup I forgot. Sell it to the alchemist. In the middle of the town in white orchard near the notice board. There is a tree with a notice in it. Try to check it out. Its from the alchemist who is buying honey comb

SolidAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidAllen
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Whenever you are in the blacksmith shop. Use the grinder to enhance your weapon for 15mins. This will give you additional damage+. and hey it's free

V----V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 V----V
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

If you remove the ruby from the gold/ruby ring you get more money.

Try killing wildlife for meat and hides.

tabathamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 tabathamax
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

Easy money...kill livestock (pigs, cows, sheep are good) easily found in the starting town, meditate for about 4-5 hours they respawn..rinse and repeat. Now do not sell them in the small towns as I find the merchants in bigger cities offer more gold. As with many things different merchants give different prices. Also do not forget to kill rabbits and deer when exploring as you can make good money selling there hides and you get food. If a bear is in an area with lots of wild animals let him doing killing then you can go back and loot the rewards....just don't get killed by the bear.

Lytnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Lytnin
Member since 2003 • 166 Posts

Some enemies have a limit to how far they will move from a certain spot. Bandits are notorious for this. At least one witcher contract does this that I have found so far. Find that spot, take about three steps back from it and have fun with your crossbow.

If you are in a fight and have any allies, use them as a shield or as a distraction if you need to heal. They don't really do any damage but they don't die either.

StingrayX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StingrayX5
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

Here's a tip so you don't trick yourself. Whenever you pass someone with a yellow explication point over there head, don't continue walking. Talk to them. I found this out the semi hard way while walking around the city of Novigrad. I passed about 5 of them thinking they would stay on my map. Later on I tried to return but they were all gone because they were time based. So from now on I go to anyone I see A.S.A.P.

Trace__SL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Trace__SL
Member since 2015 • 13 Posts

Hanging Corpse MAY have loot / quest!

773Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 773Mod
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Here's the way I duplicate an item on the PS4 newest patch version of Witcher 3.

1. Find a chest with a lot of loot.
  2. Take everything out except the item you want to duplicate, a second item and the gold.
  3. Exit out and rotate camera 360.
  4. open chest and take the item you want to duplicate and leave gold.
  5. Exit out and 360 again.
  6. Check chest and find your duplicate item with more gold.
  7. Take the item that reappears and leave second item and gold, repeat.

Please hit me back if it works for ya, thanks!

Lytnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Lytnin
Member since 2003 • 166 Posts

@773Mod: I just found this out myself; Inifnite gold bug. Except what I had to do was:

1. Open chest and take out stuff but leave one item in.

2. "Look" at another lootable container (don't need to open it but you can).

3. Go back to the first chest and the stuff will reappear.

Granted a lot of chests only drop like less than 10 gold so it will take a while to farm a good amount. I didn't check to see if it duplicated items but gold definitely respawned

This is in v1.04.