orangepeel1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 orangepeel1972
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts
This has to be the best review of a game I have ever read. http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/ It's hard to believe that this drivel is released in the same window as Bioshock Infinite. Also, try persuading a casual gaming Walking Dead fan to get the vastly superior Telltale games point and click offering without them giving you a look of complete disgust and confusion.
OMGMYOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 OMGMYOB
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The game is anything but drival. It's like Bladerunner... a work of art that can only be truly apreaciated by an intellectual minority.
geosurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 geosurface
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

I have the Telltale game on Steam and have played a little ways into it... I've enjoyed it so far, and I intend to finish it soon. I can appreciate the type of game they made.

But I just finished Survival Instinct and I have to tell you, while it is very flawed, and certainly not great... it is also not as bad as it's being made out to be. I enjoyed it quite a lot. And I'm typically a pretty harsh critic. Maybe it struck the right note reminding me of FPS games from the past which I remember fondly... or maybe I'm just a sucker for zombie killing... I don't know.

But I honestly think the gameplay IS FUN sometimes.

I'm not telling you this game is great... it's probably no better than a 6 or 7 out of 10... but I do feel it's worth a look at $20 or so.

OMGMYOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 OMGMYOB
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Speaking as someone who has every zombie game there is, I apreaciate having another with just a different approach. No lickers or Nemesis. just zombies.
geosurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geosurface
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

Speaking as someone who has every zombie game there is, I apreaciate having another with just a different approach. No lickers or Nemesis. just zombies. OMGMYOB

I agree, I prefer zombie games with only straight up, normal zombies. I don't like runners, I don't like boomers, smokers, nemesis, lickers, etc.

I still think the "great zombie game" has yet to be made.