Pretty spiffy, I might say!

User Rating: 8.5 | The Sims 2: Castaway DS
This game was better than I thought it would be. At first, it seemed somewhat boring. But then it became more addictive once I had a better grip on the mechanics of the game. Your job is to make sure your sim (which you can name and customize) is comfortable and well fed, while meeting other castaways on the island and performing several different tasks. This includes collecting objects all around the island to make a tool, or watering a plant and harvesting the fruit and giving it to another castaway. You must also build your sim a shelter, to make sure he is comfortable and can gain energy. There are some mini-games like squishing bugs so you can eat them, or catching fish. Not too big of a deal, but still adds some (minor) realism to the game. It is pretty fun. However, I think it may be a bit too short and/or boring for some other gamers. But still, good to check out.

EDIT: It is December 12 now. I never play the game anymore, mainly because there is little to no replay value once you finish all the tasks. Sure, you could go around finding all the items for your collection if you wanted, but it really loses its replay value after you beat it. Just be aware of that if you want to buy this game.