The Third Age is a solid RPG with plenty of content to satisfy. Could have been better, though is still a great game.
- great story
- gameplay is new and fresh
- different style of battling
- very long, but not repetitive
- tactical, strategic, and engaging battles
- fantastic animations
- both a good and evil campaign provide 100+ hours of gameplay
- good vs evil modes are great
- level design is bland
- weapons and inventory systems have some flaws
- some cheap enemies in later levels
- difficulty is sometimes unbalanced
Overall, The Lord of The Rings: The Third Age is a great RPG that many fantasy RPG fans as well as LOTR fans will enjoy. It's very long, and full of splendid battles. Had more potential, and has it's share of cons, but still proves worthy of playing.