A worthy addition to the series.

User Rating: 9.1 | The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Limited Edition) GC
When this game first came out, there were a lot of complaints about the "kid-oriented" animation. Personally, I feel that the animation fit the game well and utilized the game cube's graphics technology efficiently.

I was quite impressed with gameplay of the Wind Waker. Fortunately, I have heard that WW's fighting system will be implemented in Twilight Princess. At times the control of your magic boat got a bit frustrating, but over the course of the game you learn how to better control it.

The puzzle solving did not have the same solid feel as Ocarina of Time, but there were some environmentally-related puzzles that were pulled off quite well. The large number of secrets found throughout the water wasteland also added a bonus for clever gamers. Occasionally, it is not clear what you are supposed to do. You can get clues from the creepy fish, but sometimes the riddles will have you bouncing from island to island in a desperate attempt to figure out what is going on.

The boss battles could have used a bit more work. They were decent in their own right, but I thought that it was rather cheap to have to do them all again in Gannon's tower.

If you are a fan of the Zelda series, or action-adventure games with puzzle elements in general, I would highly recommend this game.