A great remake to an already great game

User Rating: 8 | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D 3DS

When you hear about a game that only gives you 3 days before needing to repeat everything, you’d probably think you won’t have enough time to get everything done. That however, is not the case. Majora’s Mask offers you more than enough time to get everything done in such a unique and interesting fashion. This game really stands out for the fact that it took a risk and it paid off.

Story: 8.5/10

As I mentioned before, the game revolves around having only 3 days to reclaim a stolen mask (Majora’s mask, obviously) before the moon falls and destroys the earth. During this time, you’ll need to visit the areas in the north, south, east, and west to find a way to stop the moon from colliding with the planet. I won’t give any spoilers, but I will say that the ending is simply delightful.

Score: 8.5/10

When you hear the music in this game the first time it may not stick with you, but after really diving into the game you’ll find that it’s pretty nostalgic. All the original music from the game is back which was very enjoyable for me as a player of the original version. One thing that really wowed me was how the music sounded like it was coming from overhead speakers whenever you entered a shop. I know that’s a small thing, but it really was something very unique to make the game feel more realistic.

Characters/Character Development: 7.5/10

As you help certain characters, you get to know a good backstory about them (mainly anju/kafei). With this, it helps make this world that is about to be destroyed feel all the more real.

Graphics: 9.25/10

Graphically this game looks amazing, especially when compared to the original. So much has been done to improve things such as color, decorations and small additions (such as more posters surrounded the town walls). Looking at a graphic comparison online just shows what a great job Nintendo has done at restoring this game.

Gameplay: 8.5 /10

Gameplay is just as fun as it has always been, but due to the way that time is set up, it does seem to restrict the feeling of exploration a bit. Other than that, everything Zelda fans love is in this game including interesting news ideas like getting to play as a deku, goron and zora.

Difficulty: 6.5 /10 (0 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest)

The difficulty from this game isn’t so much from the combat, but rather figuring out what it is you need to do. You first time playing through this game is going to be a challenge just to remember ‘I need to do X at Y time’ but that is a lot of the fun of the game and with things like the bombers notebook and npc’s giving you advice, keeping track of your objectives isn’t that difficult.

Fun: 8/10

This Zelda game gives you a very interesting story that you’re definitely going to want to play through. Slashing and killing enemies is just as fun as it’s always been. My only complaint is that there could be more to explore as far as optional objectives.

Recommended for-