how you can gave this 10/10? its afull

User Rating: 1 | The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon PS2
They have really gotten away from the fun game I started playing years ago. It's turned into some horrible war game that has way too much fighting. What has happened to Sparks?? Does he not help out or is he just a side kick with a lame attempt at humor throughout the game. The game is so dark now, I hate it. My son was playing the game and says that there are scenes taken directly from Gods of War. What a shame. If this is the future of this game, I will consider it my last. Save your money. Does everything, games, have to be about war???
The PS2 version is defective. Several vital controls stop responding about 30 minutes into game play. Of the two dragons (Spyro and Cynder), both are supposed to be able to go up in level, but the control needed to bring up Cynder (L2) does not work. Tried every possible button in case manual was wrong, to no avail. The control to switch between Cynder and Spyro in single-person mode stops working after the opening scene. In two-person mode, Cynder's magical attacks stop working after you lower the horn to the floor. Because of these broken controls, we became permanently stuck at "blow horn to open door" about 45 minutes into the game. Played through several different ways, and nothing helped -- not even the Cheats listed on internet sites.

We have a new PS2 station, and we bought a new copy of this game. This isn't like a PC game where there is some hope of a driver update to fix the problem, either. Only buy this game if you can find somewhere that will accept a return for cash or a different game entirely (NOT a new copy of this one).