skyrim noob questions

#1 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

hey i just bought this game for the 360 and have a few questions.

is leveling slow in this game or am i doing something wrong?

tips for a battle mage?

do any other 360 owners experience lagging while walking around skyrim? for example, im just walking than the game freezes for about 20-30 seconds.

do any of you guys have lag when you talk to npcs? this happens to me a lot, i talk to an npc and it takes about a minute for them to respond.

lastly, is it possible to stick to the main quest for a majority of the time and than go back to all the side quests or is there a time limit or limit to the amount you can do? i am over whelmed with the amount of quest i have already lol.

#2 Posted by Gaming_Phenom (25 posts) -
Leveling up can be slow if all you are doing is killing low level creatures, i suggest following the campaign untill it gets you till whiterun and after you do the first quests you should be set from there to roam and level up. If you find that you want to level your guy up a lot faster there are multiple ways to boost certain skill levels such as; Smithing, Sneak, Speech, Enchanting, One-Handed, Heavy/Light Armor and pretty much everything else. At the beginning of the game there is a boosting thing for your sneak to get it to 100 and i always do that and by the time i leave Helgen onto the first dirt road with either person you choose to escape with i would be like lvl 15. If you want to know how you can look up the videos on Youtube theres 100's.
#3 Posted by Gaming_Phenom (25 posts) -
and about the lag you are experiencing im not too sure about other users, but i personally experience next to none, the game runs perfectlly smooth for me all the time and I'm on Xbox too. Do you have Xbox Live ? if not it may be because you are not getting all the updates that Bethesda has released to make the game better, also they Add-on Dawnguard.
#4 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

yeah i have xbox live and i actually bought the game off games on demand, so i dont understand why it lags since it is installed on my hard drive. i also have one of the newer 360s. its not a big issue, it actully kind of goes away the longer i play the game.

#5 Posted by Gaming_Phenom (25 posts) -
Wow thats surprising that you experience some lag even when you have your game installed onto your system, are the waiting times improved at all do you think since you bought it online and installed it to your xbox, because I have the actual game (non-installed) and like I said previously, hardly any to talk of in my game. I also have one of the old 250gb Elite's. Have you tried out Dawnguard yet ?
#6 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

nope i havent tried the new expansion yet. i cant seem to find anyone with similar problems, especially since this was bought digitally, so that rules out scratched disks and what not.

#7 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

ive been playing a little bit more and the lag is not as bad, its actually running decently. but every other person has speech problems lol

#8 Posted by Gaming_Phenom (25 posts) -
Yea I have no explanation or suggestion to what may be causing it since you have no game disc. Maybe its just that online sells bootlegged laggy games lol well at least it works man thats all I have to say.
#9 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

yeah for sure, it may take longer and more patience to beat it due to the npcs taking forever to respond to me but it is playable lol

#10 Posted by Zisill (25 posts) -
I find that if I just install a game and not have the acual disk, there is more lagging. But you wouldn't think that would be the case but who knows.
#11 Posted by Gaming_Phenom (25 posts) -
lol yea, maybe at some point in the game once you have enough progress they might stop lagging.