i'm tired of spending all my time selling loot (theif) HELP!

#1 Posted by jedge1974 (101 posts) -

i'm a badass theif and i'm friggin tired emptying my poskets for gold. i just want to dump all of my crap everytime i finish a quest in a chest in my house in solitude and not worry about it. i know fences will have 4000 gold once i complete theives guild, but i heard this takes FOREVER and i want to keep the skeleton key anyways...

i'm on ps3 and loading times are long, nobody has any gold, and i dont want to waste (in my opinion) perks up the speech tree. i know many of you theives with deep pockes have encountered this problem...

what do you do?

#2 Posted by MadHatt3r (25 posts) -
Just don't pick up ALL the stuff you see. By only taking the expensive stuff you'll make a load of gold anyway (enchanted high level swords, armors, etc.)
#3 Posted by nikolokolus (132 posts) -
If you can tolerate selling some loot and then "waiting" 48 in game hours then all merchants reset and you can sell to them again. But if you are really worried about it, then spend perks on speechcraft and invest in stores which should increase the amount of gold on hand for merchants
#4 Posted by Slinqy (534 posts) -

i'm a badass theif and i'm friggin tired emptying my poskets for gold. i just want to dump all of my crap everytime i finish a quest in a chest in my house in solitude and not worry about it. i know fences will have 4000 gold once i complete theives guild, but i heard this takes FOREVER and i want to keep the skeleton key anyways...

i'm on ps3 and loading times are long, nobody has any gold, and i dont want to waste (in my opinion) perks up the speech tree. i know many of you theives with deep pockes have encountered this problem...

what do you do?

jedge1974

First of all bro, it doesn't take THAT long to become Guild Master. Once you do become Guild Master, you won't have a problem fencing anything, unless you've got a reserve of 600 carrying points and you want to sell absolutely everything you got, then you may have to go to a couple fencers, but I don't see why that's such a big deal anyway.

Secondly, you may not want to pick up absolutely everything you see. All I pick up is gold, gems, jewelry, and maybe some valuable weapons if I come across them. I get along fine like that. Plus, if you pick up smithing materials you can smith yourself some jewelry, level up, then sell that. Works wonders. I don't even touch armor, it's too heavy to carry.

Thirdly, once you level up your lockpicking tree branch, and you're wearing your guild armor, or Master Guild Armor, you won't need the skeleton key at all. You'll be able to feel out locks much more easily and your picks will never break once you get high enough. And then there's enchanted jewelry that can boost your lockpicking skill even further. My advice is to turn in the skeleton key, get good the legit way, and earn yourself the loot you find from chests. But like I said, once you get high enough, it won't be a problem. The skeleton key becomes obsolete.

It may seem to take a long time leveling up your thief, as the perks aren't so grand until you get to the higher ones, but that's what the game's all about. You start out small and end up big. If fencing is a problem for you, my advice is to stop picking up armor and all weapons you see, or/and level up your speech tree branch to eventually get all your fencers a ton more money.

#5 Posted by jcopp72 (5375 posts) -

I only take stuff thats worth alot (enchanted items), and if I'm on a long journey i wont pick up heavy things either, like warhammers and stuff like that.