A short piece of history...

User Rating: 9.5 | The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut PC
The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay was one of the best games in the gaming industry that was the least anticipated ever. I think this may be due to the sluggish cover design. But I have learnt from this game that to never judge a book from its cover - As the game is a fine example of this quote.

The game starts with the slaughtering icon - Riddick, with the voice over by Vin Diesel (Who did a terrific job - Kudos) in a highly confident act in a ship, where he arrives in Butcher Bay. This was the first cinematic that gave me a good outlook towards the game.

And then we come to the gameplay. The melee combat in the game is sensational. It comes with great routines mixed with ultra-gore and excitement that makes the gamer hungry for more. Stealth kills are even more satisfying as they are crafted so well than no games - even today can beat it. Weapon combat can be better as it makes a gamer forget to fight with guns, and prefer the fists. Levels where Riddick goes inside armoured Robots are fun, as you enjoy a massacre.

Graphics are a little dissapointing in the game as it is quite dated. Doom 3, being a year older than this one, showed what graphics can be obtained at its period.

But the thing this game needs to be cursed about is its length, I finished the game in 12 hours (Gamespot says its 10 hours long) - Which is too short for a game of this caliber. So I would insist of the future buyers on not buying this title, but to buy Assault on Dark Athena, which includes a remastered version of this game and it - Giving it a good length in addition.