User Rating: 7.8 | The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay XBOX
Same old, same old. As in same old first person shooter whereby the player is forced down a "corridor" whether it's a forest, cave, hallway or whatever. What is the most disappointing to me is that excellent graphics, sound and packaging that go into a game doesn't necessarily make the game itself enjoyable or entertaining which is all too frequent for games on the Xbox. I found the overall gameplay to be somewhat tedious and even dull at times, with Riddick moving forward in the game to simply shoot enemies and to find objects to satisfy fairly basic objectives. I won't spoil the ending, but I will say that after making my way to the last mission, I thought that the game was finally going to start to become entertaining and kick into high gear, only to have it end shortly thereafter. I found myself waiting for something exciting to happen but never comes along. The load times are completely maddening and only worsened with constant backtracking throughout the game. Interaction with characters in the game is fun and a good idea, but it's ultimately pretty shallow in that (other than central characters that have objectives) they only have one or two lines at most when confronted. This is a good rental and an overall good game but again, it's more of the same old same old.