This is the best Tetris game ever made, but nothing more than Tetris.

User Rating: 8 | Tetris DS DS
Tetris DS is just what is sounds like and at times it feels like it was made for old fans of the franchise, who already played Tetris and NES back in the 80´s.

Graphics are colorful and they lean very heavily on retro feel presenting classical Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Balloon Fight. Music is also classical but honestly I would have expected it to be more modern since the game itself is already filled with memories.

Gameplay consists of six different game modes: Mario themed Standard, Donkey Kong themed Push, Balloon Fight themed Touch, Yoshi themed Puzzle, Zelda themed Mission and a Metroid themed Catch. All of them work just fine and are different from one another. My personal favourites are Standard, Touch and Catch.

Wireless multiplayer is possible even if your friend doesn’t have his or her own copy of Tetris DS. Game modes are Standard, Mission and Push. Wi-Fi has only Standard or Push, but you don´t necessarily need to know someone´s friend code in order to play online against people all around the world. Multiplayer is a great feature in Tetris DS making it an even better package.

Tetris DS is at its best when played in small doses. It will stay in my DS for a very long time and especially when I´m traveling in a bus or a train. It is simply the best and fullest Tetris ever made and it suits perfectly as a hand held game.