Don't be so hard on this one! This game gave birth to the Co-Op beat-em-up genre that we love in the series!!!

User Rating: 8.5 | Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game NES
I remember as a child watching my cousins Abram and Derek play this game together. I remember like it was yesterday: the music playing of when they chose which "Turtle" they wanted, and to the point of them beating all the ninjas like it was no problem at all to them.

Story: 8/10
- The storyline is all right: After Shredder kidnaps the turtles' friend April O'Neil and their mentor Splinter; they give chase, save their friends, and finally defeat the evil Shredder.

Gameplay: 8/10
- The player chooses from one of the four Ninja Turtles: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael. They are usually called by their short names though: Leo, Mike, Don, and Raph. Up to 2 players can take control of any of the turtles. Don has slower attacks but a longer range, Mike and Raph have fast attacks but a short range, and Leo is a well-rounded Turtle with average range and speed. The game is good with 1 Player but with 2 Players, it is great! I just hate the fact that you be outnumbered throughout most of the game, that you cannot hit the enemies repeatedly because of some kind of glitch, and that their is not enough pizzas in the game to refill your energy! Those things are what make the game so hard!

Graphics: 8/10
- The graphics are good but they could of made all the colors more richly. Each turtle looks good but what I do not understand is: why are 2 Turtles light greenish and the other 2 are dark greenish?

Sound: 9/10
- The sound effects of the game are nice. The music is very nice! I like how they used the official Ninja Turtles theme music in the game!

Overall, I give this game an 8 1/2 out of 10. I want the 3rd game because I know that the games are just going to improve over one another!