Stunning visuals and an intriguing storyline immerse the player right into the game's world.

User Rating: 9.5 | Syberia PC
Syberia was the second adventure game that I ever played, the first being the secret of Monkey Island. While monkey island is very entertaining and funny, Syberia is serious and dramatic; however, that doesn't make it any less of a masterpiece.
Visually, it is stunning. I loved walking around on various locations for hours on end, just admiring the art and not making any progress in the game itself. I actually wanted to visit that little village in the middle of nowhere and bask under it's sun and admire the graphic buildings.
Syberia is not just about the pretty art, however. It is an adventure game where the protagonist, Kate Walker, comes in expecting a normal deal that will last for a day but leaves having become a different woman. As the plot moves and Kate gets involved in yet more adventures, we can see the gradual change in her, resulting in an (un?)expected finale.
The characters were believable and I enjoyed their gradual changing over time immensely because it made them more real - Oscar being a fine example.
Some of the puzzles seemed tricky to me, although that might have been because I didn't know much about the adventure game mentality when I played this game, and some of them were just right; what I was left with at the end of the game though was it's immersing storyline and the amazing art.
Overall, it is a precious gem and I believe it will grant hours of entertainment to anyone that wishes to give it a chance. It is one of those games that should be given a chance, even to non-fans of the genre.