My favorite video game of all time.

User Rating: 10 | Super Mario Odyssey NS

Nintendo...you went and did it. You did what we wanted you to do, and then some. You went back to the more open style of 3D "Super Mario" games that was popularized by "Super Mario 64" and "Super Mario Sunshine," and then you gave us even more to explore. You gave us a "Super Mario" game PACKED with content, collectibles, and new things to do. You made a "Super Mario" game that felt like what we wanted, but also evolved the franchise and kept things fresh. You created a love letter to the entire "Mario" franchise (and even some side franchises), a game that reminds us of why this franchise has survived for so long and has churned out such wonderful titles. And best of all, you made a creative, fresh, and all-around brilliant video game, a game that I might go as far as to say is one of the best in your long library of excellent titles.

"Super Mario Odyssey" is truly a wonder to behold. It's creative, it's inventive, it's fun, it's gorgeous, it controls wonderfully, and all in all, it's just incredible. It's a game that's easy to get into, but one that brings more than enough challenge to the table. And with 999 Power Moons to collect and plenty of different creatures to capture, all leading to different gameplay mechanics, there is PLENTY to do in this game. The mechanic of being able to capture enemies and characters also allows for some incredibly varied (and all-around fun) gameplay that will keep you coming back for more. I previously mentioned that "Super Smash Bros. Melee" was my favorite video game of all time. Well, I can safely say that there's a new #1, and that's "Super Mario Odyssey." This game is an absolute must-play: if you don't have a Switch, I can say it is absolutely worth buying one for this game. And if you do have a Switch, there's no reason this game shouldn't be part of your collection, because it is absolutely magnificent.

Final rating: 10 out of 10 "Fantastic"